Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atos - HOME VISIT - what happens ??............

Grumplestiltskin

Atos - HOME VISIT - what happens ??............

......when they come to your home ?? I have been on Mobility then DLA for years and years......but received a Form about 3 months ago. Filled in and returned it then have been told that Atos have been asked to "have a look".........don't know what to expect..........any help / advice would be much appreciated.

just tell them the truth . .

They'll want to know what are your main disabling conditions and other conditions.

How long you've had them, has it progressed?
    Have you had hospital visits - what happened.

What medication you take and what affect it has on you.

How does your condition affect you - does your treatment help?

They'll ask you about a typical day regarding family and social life, hobbies and interests, shopping, cooking, correspondence and finances, reading, TV and internet, travel, housework, personal care

As well as asking questions the doctor will be observing your appearance and your behaviour when carrying out the medical. The doctor will be looking for evidence that supports or undermines your claim.

I'm sure other members can add a few more tips. This info was taken from the Benefits and Work website. You might want to check it out to put your mind at rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestiltskin View Post
    ......when they come to your home ?? I have been on Mobility then DLA for years and years......but received a Form about 3 months ago. Filled in and returned it then have been told that Atos have been asked to "have a look".........don't know what to expect..........any help / advice would be much appreciated.
    I'm not sure what you are claiming for, Mobility and DLA are the same thing, what was the form they sent you? Have you been on IB for years and being transferred to ESA or is it your first ESA claim or are they simply reviewing your DLA claim. Although the ATOS examination will follow similar procedure it's important how you approach it.
    More info would be handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    This info was taken from the Benefits and Work website. You might want to check it out to put your mind at rest.
    Whilst I appreciate this site ain't what it used to be, it never will be if posters are advised to go to a different site "that's better".
    This site used to be a community for disabled people, B&W is a money making site for it's owners who sit back counting the money they make off the disabled.
    But hey ho

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestiltskin View Post
    as you say you have been on dla "years and years" is this a renewal or have you been picked for a review using dla form 80 I think ?

Hi Wobblie1 I'm not suggesting that our friend joins an alternative forum but then when asked a very specific question that could have an impact on a financial outcome I would point someone in the direction where they can gain information first hand. The members section has nothing to do with the forum it just gives you excellent guidelines so at least you are forwarned as to what to expect.

I stand by my original suggestion as no member here will have in-depth knowledge of such complex issues. However we all have choice. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink it. They call it freedom of choice.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    Whilst I appreciate this site ain't what it used to be, it never will be if posters are advised to go to a different site "that's better".
    This site used to be a community for disabled people, B&W is a money making site for it's owners who sit back counting the money they make off the disabled.
    But hey ho
    I doubt B&W site makes much money might not even make enough to cover running costs, its easy to check with company house for the sum of £3

I think there are about 10 mods there who are not paid who answer most questions and given how many people are on dla esa aa IB ect ect you might get 20 ish new posters in a week do a count its not that busy IMO

but what you have there is good advice here we can answer what we know from how we or close friends have gone through but as most of us finish our post "we are no expperts" where as there a couple of mods are ex DWP and one ex tribunal member

very soon with more cuts to funding very few people will get free benefit advice from anywhere CAB I think have started charging some people

the choice soon wont be free or pay but how much you pay and to who ? I rather pay B&W than CAB IMO of course

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by MUD View Post
    wasn'tt it called Mobility, with those 3 wheel cars, before DLA was introduce ? maybe OP is as old as me lol
    the blue "inva cars" also many other names too last one came off the road as late as 2003 the clour was ministry of health blue the colour also used for forces blue uniform if you was sick in WW! and on long term sick so people knew you where not a skiver

DW and Lighttouch,
    As there are others who share my opinion on B&W we will have to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    DW and Lighttouch,
    As there are others who share my opinion on B&W we will have to agree to disagree.
    OK we agree to disagree. It's an unbiased suggestion.

One point. Is it worth paying £20 for a year in order to gain access to real life cases and outcomes. And as they say 'to fail to prepare is to prepare to fail'. If the difference is between getting DLA say mobility and not our friend will be out of pocket to the tune of a few thousand pound. I'd call it an investment in their well being and quality of life - but we all have choices to make - nobody forces anyone to do anything - you take take a horse to water . . .
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 17-09-12 at 09:23.