Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it too late now to save DLA? Where will PIP be trailed first in the UK?

Is it too late now to save DLA? Where will PIP be trailed first in the UK?

Just wondering if it was too late to save DLA now? and I have heard PIP will be trialled in different regions in the UK first. Does anyone know where in the UK is first to be the guinea pig?
    Last edited by lastfirst; 10-09-12 at 01:18.

Quote Originally Posted by lastfirst View Post
    Just wondering if it was too late to save DLA now? and I have heard PIP will be trialled in different regions in the UK first. Does anyone know where in the UK is first to be the guinea pig?
    North west England will get PIP trialed. It that is a success, then the DWP hope to roll it out nationwide in 2014. Everyone will be assessed by 2016.

never too late to save, at least that way you may have something to fall back on if things go sour.

mike

Dear everyone

There is a huge controversy at the moment with the UK govt deciding to cut benefits & services to people with disabilities. For reasons best known to themselves, the Govt is using a non-UK profit oriented firm called 'ATOS Healthcare' to determine who qualifies as fit for work. As a result, genuinely disabled people who are unable to work, including those with cancer, are being forced off benefits to fend for themselves. According to DPAC (Disabled People Against Cuts), there have been over a thousand instances of disabled people dying, including suicides, after ATOS had deemed them fit for work.

The disabled community in UK is trying to get the Govt to stop and review this process. I call for your support in this, by asking for signatures for the e-petition entitled: "Stop and review the cuts to benefits and services which are falling disproportionately on disabled people, their carers and families", located online at: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/20968

In order for the issue to get a hearing before the House of Commons, the e-petition needs 100,000 signatures by 1st November 2012. Currently it has only 46,000 signatures.

It's not too late, sign the petition.

I've signed. The last thing I could ever be described as is an activist but it has to be said that PIP stinks. The only reason to replace DLA is as a cost cutting measure. DLA is the most efficient benefit with the least amount of fraud. Indeed, the level of fraud in DLA is actually lower than the percentage assumed for DWP clerical error. If it ain't broke don't fix it ...

There have been an estimated 1000 deaths directly related to the ESA will you be one of them? sign the petition time is running out

Just in case anybody thinks the above post is scaremongering, it's not a bad estimate. I've spent a lot of time on another very active forum related to ESA and the stories are shocking. I've also spent some time giving online counselling to people who have been affected by the suicides caused through ATOS and ESA implementation. A couple of years ago nobody wanted to know and didn't believe us when we were flagging this up. I'm glad it's now finally filtering into the general press...

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Scanlon View Post
    There have been an estimated 1000 deaths directly related to the ESA will you be one of them? sign the petition time is running out
    and look how many people not on esa die ? has anyone looked at the numbers to see if the death rate of people who are sick or even just trying to claim esa is higher than uk average death per 10,000 ?

somewhere in the uk today people have gone to work and dropped dead too

Well I'm with you on this DW.
    No one is saying for one moment that ESA,DLA and PIP are not without fault and that the DWP/ATOS are clearly trying to reduce the number of claimants. In trying to catch benefit frauds they have used a sledge hammer to crack a very small nut, but it is that small nut which has turned the public against us, (aided by the media).
    If you ask most able bodied people they will say that their main concern is those who are clearly playing the system and much of that is because in the past you could get IB and DLA for having an in growing toe nail. The DSS as it was encouraged IB as opposed to JSA as it kept the unemployment figures looking better.
    For the vast majority of genuine claimants the whole thing of ESA has been painless. For those who it hasn't it is down to ATOS computer programme that is pretty useless, Eastern european staff who are greatfull for such a well payed job and don't want to rock the boat, Government quotas and targets that are unrealistic and all this has caused the whole thing to implode for some claims.
    I hate this government but not much more than any other. It baffles me why any one would think any government cared about the majority of us less fortunate in many aspects, able or disabled.