Dear everyone

There is a huge controversy at the moment with the UK govt deciding to cut benefits & services to people with disabilities. For reasons best known to themselves, the Govt is using a non-UK profit oriented firm called 'ATOS Healthcare' to determine who qualifies as fit for work. As a result, genuinely disabled people who are unable to work, including those with cancer, are being forced off benefits to fend for themselves. According to DPAC (Disabled People Against Cuts), there have been over a thousand instances of disabled people dying, including suicides, after ATOS had deemed them fit for work.

The disabled community in UK is trying to get the Govt to stop and review this process. I call for your support in this, by asking for signatures for the e-petition entitled: "Stop and review the cuts to benefits and services which are falling disproportionately on disabled people, their carers and families", located online at: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/20968

In order for the issue to get a hearing before the House of Commons, the e-petition needs 100,000 signatures by 1st November 2012. Currently it has only 46,000 signatures.

I seek your support to add your signature to the e-petition. Thank you with all my heart.

Mac