Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How's everybody doing?

Hi Rae, you didn't half confuse me for a moment! I wonder how long it'll be before people confuse our posts? Welcome!
    Best wishes.
    Rae.

Quote Originally Posted by RaeUK View Post
    Hi Rae, you didn't half confuse me for a moment! I wonder how long it'll be before people confuse our posts? Welcome!
    Best wishes.
    Rae.
    *Laughs* This could be fun! Thankies x

this forum is so lucky .....2 rae,s.....OF SUNSHINE...thanks to both of you for great postings which have really helped me

Hi everyone how are you all doing its very cold her tonight in NI

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by disABLEdguy View Post
    As a person with a disability what kind of problems do you face when it comes to your everyday tasks? Do you have a fix for this problem?
    I dont think I have many problems as such, you soon learn to live with health problems ......... the only thing ? still a problem is one of my newer problems is loss of sight been 2 years now but the kids and wife still hold things up and saw look at this

I am new to this disabled game and as there is a chance I may walk again I am not sure my opinions count.

At the moment I am going through the honeymoon period with lots of friends and family being understanding. I guess that this will wear off quite quickly.

I am still really struggling with my inability to do basic stuff. I am currently on crutches with zero load on one leg and a broken wrist that makes using the crutches painful. Four weeks and I have left the house twice other than hospital. I know there are others far worse of than me but sometimes that thought is not quite enough.

I have managed to keep my job so far which is lucky as I am the only wage earner but not certain about the future. Doc is happy to say I should wait until after Christmas and the he will decide what to do. Not useful for planning.

Sorry, this was meant to be happy reply but then I started typing what I was really feeling.

On the bright side, it is still better than the alternative.

Just retread my post but can't delete it.

Please read it as - I am so glad to have such supportive friends and family and am looking forward to positive news soon! Living the (slightly amended) dream

AussieChic69
    Hi everyone I'm new to this site/forum so bare with me while I try to work my way around it. I live in 'not so sunny today' Qld and have severe osteoarthritis. At the age of 42 it wasn't on my 'list of things to do' but thems the breaks I have good days & bad and I think a downfall for me, like others of you have mentioned, is meeting friends/getting out and about. I'm known as a bit of a stubborn b*%#@ when it comes to accepting help but I have noticed in the past few months I'm getting more & more - cant be bothered with anything/anyone anymore. I'm hoping by joining 'youreable' might give me the kick up the a*% that I need I look forwards to chatting with you all at some point and even better, form some great friendships! Enjoy your Sunday and until next time - take care, take it easy, & keep on smilin!