Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How's everybody doing?

Question How's everybody doing?

As a person with a disability what kind of problems do you face when it comes to your everyday tasks? Do you have a fix for this problem?

my real problem is making friends...i rarely go out....but i have decided to try and turn my life round and get a life again ....life has been very cruel to me in the past ,all my family have treated me so bad that it has sent me into a spirraling downward despair and hoplessness....ive been robbed by builders and tradesmen who think its ok to take what they want....stuff the lot of em...i want my life back

I'm sorry to hear

My main problems are physical strength and stamina. So not so bad really - I've just learnt to do 'slow' very very well! Had a quick scan of your blog yesterday, disABLEdguy, you're an inspiration. Keep up the good efforts ...

shybiker, you can do it. Best wishes.

thankyou raeuk....just by writing things on this forum is helping me....creative writing they call it ,the only creative writing ive ever done is i must be quite in class....times a few hundred

A serious illness or medical condition is far more debilitating than any other as the pain and suffering make coping with each day a trial of inner strength which is relentless.
    Coping, always remembering there are so many worse off.

Since my accident that damaged my spine and also left me incontinence, I've lost all my friends, including my wife and daughter she said “that she could not live looking after a disabled person” (so much for marriage vows) my best mate made me sit on a plastic bin bag when I went round to see him “saying that I don't want you messing up the suite” I walked out and have never seen him since.
    So now I do things on my own I find it better that way as I don't have to tell people what's wrong with me, the way I look at it I'm alone, but not lonely, I can go for days without speaking to anyone but it does not worry me, as there must be people more worse off than me.
    I have just bought a telescope for astronomy so that will get me out as I live in a light polluted area I have to drive to a dark site and being dark no one will see me.

shybiker and richard,i'm so sorry that people have treated you both so badly,just remember people like these are'nt worth a moments time spent on them,and just hope that no illness or disability ever befalls them[a lot of us are'nt born with these disabilities they are either through illness or accidents]if you feel able to go out there and make friends,do so,but otherwise loneliness is a state of mind,or if you're able to get a pet,they'll always be loyal,unjudgemental and more company than a person would ever be.keep your chin up and rely on yourself

what a kind pinkangel you are....i have about 100 budgies,2 dogs a cute little cat who got hit by a car,but is getting better and about 60 tropical fish they do keep me busy and i agree with everything you say about pets.....thanks for advice

For me the school run and my weekly sw class are my life i don't go out at all socially i get so tired and racked with pain ..its hard to explain when you have to write it down ..i would be lost without my Internet i really would .