Thread: Changes in Social Security Benefits

Changes in Social Security Benefits

Received letter this morning. Re: Your Claim for ESA - Changes in Social Security Benefits.

It basically says money going up 75p a week. HOWEVER, on the calculation page it says 'The amounts on this page apply from April to November 2019. So does this mean thats when an ESA reassessment is required OR when the DWP will raise the amounts again in line with inflation? Very confusing...
    Thanks in advance
    Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by AliPIP View Post
    Received letter this morning. Re: Your Claim for ESA - Changes in Social Security Benefits.

It basically says money going up 75p a week. HOWEVER, on the calculation page it says 'The amounts on this page apply from April to November 2019. So does this mean thats when an ESA reassessment is required OR when the DWP will raise the amounts again in line with inflation? Very confusing...
    Thanks in advance
    Ali.
    I'm pretty certain that many claimants receive this letter referring to a November date.

This is because the payment changes every November/December because of the Christmas bonus (£10) and the computer can only register the normal amounts not the extra money sent for the Christmas bonus hence the end date of November.

Pretty daft really.
    I try my best

That makes sense. Thank you. Wish their letters were better explained, they are so vague it's no wonder their phone lines are jammed constantly. Maybe better explanations would reduce the need to phone them!