Thread: Hospital Transport

Hospital Transport

As a disabled wheelchair user with a right elevated leg rest I have previously been able to book hospital transport for day case procedures as I am not able to drive to hospital.

It now appears that this transport is no longer available even when either you’re GP or hospital consultant has authorised this.

I would like to ask for your support in signing an e-petition to have this debated as it now seems that this is down to individuals to arrange.

Thank you for your support.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/37983

Thank you again for your support

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by paulinuk View Post
    As a disabled wheelchair user with a right elevated leg rest I have previously been able to book hospital transport for day case procedures as I am not able to drive to hospital.

It now appears that this transport is no longer available even when either you’re GP or hospital consultant has authorised this.

I would like to ask for your support in signing an e-petition to have this debated as it now seems that this is down to individuals to arrange.

Thank you for your support.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/37983

Thank you again for your support
    how do you get about when not going to hospital ?

I manage as best as you can but the point I was trying to make is that if you need to go into hospital and have a procedure that means you cannot 'drive' after and unable to access an ordinary taxi then how are you suppose to get home when previously transport was provided. I would never dream of booking hospital transport for an ordinary hospital appointment.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by paulinuk View Post
    I manage as best as you can but the point I was trying to make is that if you need to go into hospital and have a procedure that means you cannot 'drive' after and unable to access an ordinary taxi then how are you suppose to get home when previously transport was provided. I would never dream of booking hospital transport for an ordinary hospital appointment.
    Have you asked the hospital what they think people in your postion should do ?

They are not interested at all even the CEO says i need to book a taxi. My MP is not happy and has offered their help in taking this complaint further.

Talk to your PCT most PCT's have arrangements in place for hospital transport for the disabled. Or contact PALS

Paul I see you are in Devon, which hospital do you need to attend?

i think it depends on the area you live in and the hospital you go to. here you have to live within a set distance to the hospital your going to, and your particular condition. here we have my bus which previously was called dial a bus. you just book em like you would the hospital transport n they pick you up, n take you home again. have you spoken to an advocacy agency? they can help you fight for it and get you information. good luck