Thread: camp site with full disabled access

camp site with full disabled access

My family own a piece of land in the countryside in Kent that we would like to use as a campsite with ready made yurts/camping pods etc. However the idea was put to us about maybe catering specifically for wheelchair users instead of just offering a few facilities.

Is this something that would be wanted?
    If so what sort of things would be on your wishlist?
    Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm guessing by the views vs the lack of replies that this is something that isn't required?
    I have tried contacting various disability sites but have been met with a wall of silence.

I'm sorry if i have wasted your time

I'm sorry to see that you've had no replies, please dont think that your sentiments are not appreciated. They are .
    I can only think that like myself some people only visit occasionally, this can be for a variety of reasons from access, holidays to ongoing health reasons.
    Another reason is that a lot of the 'Disabled Community' are very demoralised at the present time feeling under siege from the savage Liberal/Tory attacks & cutbacks inflicted on us to pay for the 50p tax cut.
    Regarding your OP personally my family have always enjoyed camping despite myself being in a wheelchair, it's nice to mix with other people on the campsite and particularly in this country disabled facilities can be quite sparse.
    I recently visited a site that had superb facilities, showers, wash-up area with lower sink for our use & boarded all-weather paths for easy navigation BUT the footpath exit had a kissing gate so wheelchairs had to take a detour.
    When I pointed this problem out the owners hadn't actually realised as it had been there for years and no-one had complained.