Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DLA- additional info to determine you're receiving correct rate.

DLA- additional info to determine you're receiving correct rate.

Hi there,
    I was looking for some guidance in the filling out of the DLA form and have heard that with the new benefit reform, that I'm more than likely to be refused point blank.
    Is this true or is it just scaremongering.
    I have had the award indefinitely for 4yrs and now this form has appeared through my door, and I'm slightly worried.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks.
    HOCM= (hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy)

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by HOCM View Post
    Hi there,
    I was looking for some guidance in the filling out of the DLA form and have heard that with the new benefit reform, that I'm more than likely to be refused point blank.
    Is this true or is it just scaremongering.
    I have had the award indefinitely for 4yrs and now this form has appeared through my door, and I'm slightly worried.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks.
    HOCM= (hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy)
    the form sounds like a right benefit program form but cant be sure anyone who has been on dla more than 12 months regardless of the award type can be sent that form ... its nothing to do with PIP thats replacing dla fill it in and send it back its like a spot check

The form is named DLA80 and looks as thick as the original with the same amount of large boxes!!
    Is it still possible to be a spot check??

Hi HOCM, had the same form sent to me in january of this year, filled it in and sent it back, heard nothing for 6 weeks was then told i was getting a visit from an ATOS doctor, all this was to ensure i was on the right level of benfit, i had the medical on 30th may and was told roughly 3 weeks later that no changes were to be made, so i kept original award of hrm and mrc. i was told by adviser at DLA that these forms were computer generated and it was my name amongst others that were picked at random for a benefit review. hope all goes well with your review, will watch with interest, David.

Hi there, It seems i may have been worrying over nothing then!! Thank you for replying and informing me of what awaits!!

Hi I've just joined the forum to ask exactly the same question, I've recently been sent DLA80 form, have had DLA indefinitely for the past 15 years then the other week this form lands on doorstep. I'm really getting stressed about filling itin correctly as 15year ago I filled one in and was rejected and had to go through a tribunal. this time I have asked for help from a local welfare rights centre. It's the only forum where I have found other people have been in same situation, I had wondered if this was anything to do with pip but on researching I would think not, would you agree. Makes ou wonder why they would put you through this now if everyone will face it next year anyway of working age anyway. thank you for your time.

Ellie61,
    If you are worried about filling it in get help, from CAB or similar, also there are sites on line that have fact sheets on guidance to the forms.
    There are some scary stories around but if you have a genuine need then there is no need to worry.

@Ellie61, I made an appointment with CAB to get help to fill out the form, as far as I know....as long as you fill in the boxes with as much evidence as you can and your medical letters are consistent with your condition then you should be ok. This is very stressfull but try not to worry just fill it in with as much information as you can and read other posts on here for guidance on certain questions to make sure you get the correct levels of DLA.

Hi I had my appeal refused at tribunal panel were really horrible my community matron said I am as disabled as a disabled person can be have requested statement of reasons to see if there is an error of law to appeal to upper tier tribunal need some advice should I make a fresh claim. What do you people think?

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyhamm3r View Post
    Hi I had my appeal refused at tribunal panel were really horrible my community matron said I am as disabled as a disabled person can be have requested statement of reasons to see if there is an error of law to appeal to upper tier tribunal need some advice should I make a fresh claim. What do you people think?
    some people apply and get nothing even at appeal .......... they then reapply and try again its your right