Thread: Sending video evidence for PIP review?

Question Sending video evidence for PIP review?

It has been suggested by CAB that I send video footage of my adult son for his PIP review. He has aspergers and many significant mental health issues. Is this appropriate? Has anyone else done this? The review is for the mobility comp. Hes one of the cases being looked at again due to govt discriminating against mental health but has been denied the enhanced rate. The ridiculous reason was that he doesnt go out enough (even though always accompanied)! CAB reckon we should pursue it through to appeal if necessary. Any thoughts?

I've never heard of it being done.

The problem would be how to send it.
    Videotape is out of the question for obvious reasons.

Files on CD or USB pose a different problem.
    Although most computers can access these there is often a strict organisational policy regarding not connecting any CDs or USBs from 'outside' sources - because they may contain a virus or other malware.
    The same applies to digitally transmitted files, email attachments, etc. (It was rouge email attachments that initially spread Wanncry through the NHS and elsewhere).

If they will accept it then it will probably need to be scanned for malware by their IT department before it could be used, and who knows how long that could delay things?

I suppose the best way is to ask the reviewers if/how they will accept video evidence.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

It shouldn't be an issue in this day and age. People often submit CCTV footage to the police after burglarys on USB or CD/DVD, thousands of them are booked in every week, without the paranoia of malware and viruses. Most businesses know to use a sandboxed environment to scan and upload files which can then be accessed accordingly. If they are coming up with excuses then it's likely for the purposes of frustrating evidence- but they wouldn't do that. Would they?

Would you be able to video him using a smartphone then save the file to a flash drive and mail off.

Or if they wanted to have a live video chat they might consider video conference apps like Whats App.

I have attempted to send in video evidence before of my condition to support my claim, but it's always been disallowed and I've been told there is no way to send it in, in an acceptable format.
    Instead, what I do is I show the assessor the evidence at my actual assessment and they they have always written it down in their report that they have seen and accepted the video evidence.

In your case, OP, I don't know how it'll work if they're not going to invite your son for another assessment because from my own experience it's nigh on impossible to get video evidence sent in to be considered.

Just to note that we are only talking about assessments here.

It's a different matter with appeal tribunals, they will routinely accept video evidence.
    It is even possible to arrange to have your tribunal done online using Skype or similar.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.