Thread: ESA arrears/correct payments

ESA arrears/correct payments

Hi I was wondering could anybody help me?

In April 2011 I had to leave my job due to sickness and I went onto to ESA, in August 2011 I went for a medical with ATOS and scored 0 points. I appealed the decision but it wasn't over turned and it went to appeal. I had my first appeal in February 2012 and it was adjourned due to not enough evidence. I had another hearing in April which was also adjourned why the court sent for my medical records. On the 6th July 2012 I had another hearing and on this occasion it was ruled in my favour and I was awarded enough points and placed in the work activity group.

Ive spoke to the DWP numerous times and have been told to give 8 weeks for arrears, I've had nothing in writing only from the court and it's 7 weeks today and still heard nothing.

Is this normal? And when if any do I get arrears from and how much is the WrAG? Sorry for all the questions but nobody at DWP is answering my questions!

Thank you

Forgot to say I am still only receiving normal ESA amount.

You need to chase up the ESA section. It should take 6-8 weeks from the date you won the Tribunal for ESA to sort out your arrears. First the weekly rate of ESA should be increased and then the arrears worked out and paid,You should have heard by now.