Thread: Industrial injuries disablement benefit

Industrial injuries disablement benefit

Hello i am typing this out for my dad his words.After a mishap at work in january (a chemical on both hands) applied for IIDB and was awarded 20% disabled for 6 months.Also awarded ESA. Now 2 weeks ago attended medical with atos who done both claims at the same time received letter stating no longer Entitled to IIDB so suspect the letter for the same outcome for ESA.He cant use his fingers as the tips are very sore and burning all the time. He is waiting to see a neurologist as his doctor suspects neuralgia as well as contact dermatitis.He takes 2 amitriptoline and 2 gabapentin for the pain but is tired all the time.He can not do normal leisure activities never mind work as he is a joiner and uses his hands all the time as you would most jobs.
    He wouldnt be able to claim JSA as you have to be fit for work. So should he ask for a reconsideration or just appeal from the off?

Thankyou in advance.

Appeal as a reconsideration is done as part of the appeal process before it reaches a tribunal. May save some time.

Thankyou Beau I will have to wait until tuesday with the bank holiday great timing on the part of DWP.Also should i be asking for any info of them eg esa85 esa65 ?

Quote Originally Posted by geordie1 View Post
    Thankyou Beau I will have to wait until tuesday with the bank holiday great timing on the part of DWP.Also should i be asking for any info of them eg esa85 esa65 ?
    That I don't know but someone else will when they come along.