Thread: mum has applied for carers allowance when i get dla and incapacity benefit

mum has applied for carers allowance when i get dla and incapacity benefit

My mum has applied for carers allowance for me and i get DLA and incapacity benefit. how will the affect my benefite her getting carers allowance?
    any help is much appreciated.

davewhit
    she can apply for ca to look after you if she is not earning more than 100 a week if it right for you in your case for her to claim ca depends on where you live...... did you get expert advise first ?

It will only affect your benefits if you get Income Support which includes the Severe Disability premium - in which case you would lose the premium part of your Income Support.
    That's why you would have had to sign your Mums' CA claim form to say you agree to her claiming.

Quote Originally Posted by Carneucopia View Post
    It will only affect your benefits if you get Income Support which includes the Severe Disability premium - in which case you would lose the premium part of your Income Support.
    That's why you would have had to sign your Mums' CA claim form to say you agree to her claiming.
    thank you thats answered my question