Thread: Got into Support Group for 3 years.

Got into Support Group for 3 years.

Hi All, Firstly a big thankyou to this site for trying to help with the Esa50 etc. I am a carer for my fiance who suffers with several illnesses. And after a 4 week wait I got a phone call which I took today, stating my fiance has got into the support group for 3 years, as apparently this is the longest time period.

I would like to say to others out there, that yes it can be stressful waiting for a reply etc, but all I can say is try and get as much medical evidence as you can Ie, Doctors letters or anything else you may have that is past and up to date letters. I filled out the esa50 for my fiance and found a site that helped me. You may be able to find a esa50 questionairre on line that helps you with the answers and how to answer them correctly etc. I think if you treat the esa50 as though you having your worse day etc you should hopefully be ok.

I wish everyone luck and try not to concentrate on bad horror stories, remember as much evidence in doctors letters helps so much.

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    well done on getting the support group
    you can not treat dla or esa forms as your worse day people get taken to court for doing that.......... there is little wrote down to guide people as how to describe each day

this has been addressed for PIP you are to describe how you are for 50% of the time
    Hi Davewhit, Thanks for the reply. I understand you are right about your worse day etc. I think I seen it somewhere probably pip as you say describes 50% of the time. But I do think GP support letters help with the esa50. Its a very hard questionairre to fill in, and you have to be honest with the answers. Thanks for your reply. I wish you well.