Thread: Told I am in WRAG AND Support??

Told I am in WRAG AND Support??

Hi. I have severe dep and social phobia. Just been sent two letters after ESA assessment, same date, one saying I have been put in WRAG, the other telling me I am in the support group. Am worried if I phone and tell them about both, they will use it as an excuse to default to the WRAG. Have already spent years in WRAG being paid the sanction rate because I am too ill to attend the Work Related interview activity things (). What should I do? Thanks in advance

You need to find out where you stand, so ring them, ask them to confirm the Decision you're in the Support Group.
    While you're at it also ask them to send you both copies of the Assessment and Decision Makers Reports, these will help should you need to take the matter further.

The number you need to ring is on the Decision Notice/Letter(s) you've received, keep us informed.

I agree, ring and ask which is the correct decision, dont request a reconsideration on the call, you simply want to know which is the correct decision, what has probably happened is one decision was made and then changed, usually its the later decision overuling the first but since they both the same date you will need to contact them and ask.

Thanks guys, will let you know...

Spent 50 mins on phone to be told I am in the WRAG, apparently the other letter was sent "in error" (I am SURE that is true...). Have asked for copies of reports, was told quite rudely that they would not be sent first class even though I have about two weeks left to do the Mandatory Reconsideration through no fault of my own. Also just saw I'm still being paid the sanction rate before even having the chance to comply haha! What are you going to do, they're a bunch of idiots. Anyway, does anyone have any advice for MR?

yeah ask for the ESA85, and the DM report as well (Sorry dont know code for this one).

I requested my ESA85 on tuesday and it only came today second class.

After you read both reports, and if you disagree with them, then is the time to ask for a reconsideration, I wont say more then this tho as I dont know the exact process since they added the mandatory reconsideration system.

On my ESA85, interesting there is no prognosis date, it recommends LCWRA, so I probably wont dispute it, but there is definite issues with it I dont like. So I wouldnt be surprised if you find something to challenge.
    Last edited by worried33; 30-11-18 at 16:59.