Thread: understaning part of doctors letter

understaning part of doctors letter

Hi..
    Hi i had a stroke which affected my left side. went to doctors for a litlle medical to asses my problems. my leg is ok but i dont always have complete control of knee and foot. i understand most of what he wrote except this part
    from doctors letter:
    in the lower extremities, he had 4+hip flexion weakness of the left and brisk reflexes on the left side with an upgoing left plantar response??

can anyone help me to understand this please thanks.
    stuart

davewhit
    4+ = very/over reactive

brisk = condition that describes the deterioration of the upper motor nerve cells (neurons).

upgoing left plantar response =when bottom foot scratched with stick toes curle up and not down as they should affect of stroke causes it

Similar Threads

1. E.S.A. PART I.R. PART CONTRIBUTIONS? WHAT DO I PUT ON W.T.Credits form I am confused.
    By Heldon in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-07-14, 08:24
  2. SDA Had a letter for new doctors Paper.
    By oathy in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-11-12, 10:18
  3. Doctors support letter
    By Thomos in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-11-12, 17:08
  4. Been told to give doctors support letter to the job centre
    By health99 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-07-12, 15:07