Thread: Work Related Activity Group

pammy1957

Question Work Related Activity Group

Hi all today I have received my letter from the DWP and have been put into The Work Related Activity Group - should I appeal against this or stick with what they have given me - please help not too sure about this - thank you all xx

davewhit
    get expert advise say CAB if you appeal you can lose your award and get nothing

Do you meet any of the Support Group Descriptors? Are you on conribution based ESA or Income based. Contribution based ESA now only lasts 12 months. Income based ESA has no time limit on it.

Hi Pammy,

I was going to appeal to be in the support group, but in the end I decided not to. As I was scared that I would lose my ESA altogether.

I am in the WRAG, I had my first interview with the Jobcentre few weeks ago. The ESA Adviser and I both talked about my disability issues etc and explains what's WRAG? We mainly discussed about going on Self Esteem/Lack In Confidence Courses (If I want to in the near future) and volunteering to build up my confidence wise, and gave me some leaflets. To be honest with you, I don't think the ESA adviser really fully understand about my disabilities. My next WRAG appointment is early December.

Good luck.