Thread: Still no confirmation...!?

Still no confirmation...!?

Hi to all,

Hope everybody as well as can be expected and able to assist!

Quick resume:-

Migrated to ESA after completing ESA50 with added evidence. Telephone call received informing that placed in support group for 3 (three) years and no medical required.

Received letter confirming placement in support group but no confirmation of length of time.

Wrote letter requesting ESA85A (which I understood would have date for next assessment which by my calculation should be around June, 2015).

ESA85A received with covering compliment slip. This document does not give date of next assessment but does state the following:

‘Advice-I advise that the client meets support group criteria as they have severe functional disability’
    ‘Prognosis-I advise that a return to work is unlikely in the longer term’

Report then gives details of ‘justification of advice’.

Can anybody advise which document specifically I have to request in order to obtain confirmation that I have been placed in support group for 3 years, bearing in mind there are different documents depending upon how you have been migrated or applied for ESA.

Although I have read somewhere that the terminology, ‘I advise that a return to work is unlikely in the longer term’ means/suggests a period of at least 2 years, it would put my mind at rest to have it in black and white that I have been placed in support group for 3 years.

Many thanks as always,

Spencer69.

It's my understanding that no award is written in stone and therefore any letter stating a time period is not literaly worth that piece of paper.
    I may be wrong on that but I do know that the DWP can do a re-assessment at any time they choose, although given what you say that seems unlikely.

hiya i sent my esa50 form to migrate from LB and IS got a letter from jobcentre to say i had been put on support group from august 2012 till november 2012 (3months)
    so rang jobcentre number and he said it looks like ????? iv been put on it for 3 years ?? he thinks?? but it could change ,
    where would i get a ESA85A form from ??so i can get info about my case ??
    who do i write a letter to to ask about my case ?,,im so muddled with it all please help

Quote Originally Posted by maggieomx View Post
    hiya i sent my esa50 form to migrate from LB and IS got a letter from jobcentre to say i had been put on support group from august 2012 till november 2012 (3months)
    so rang jobcentre number and he said it looks like ????? iv been put on it for 3 years ?? he thinks?? but it could change ,
    where would i get a ESA85A form from ??so i can get info about my case ??
    who do i write a letter to to ask about my case ?,,im so muddled with it all please help
    You phone the DWP and request a copy.
    As you have been put in the support group you can't improve on that. Time periods are irrelevant, even if a letter says 3 years it doesn't mean you are exempt for re-assessment at any time during that 3 years.

would it be worth me asking for esa 85a ?

Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    You phone the DWP and request a copy.
    As you have been put in the support group you can't improve on that. Time periods are irrelevant, even if a letter says 3 years it doesn't mean you are exempt for re-assessment at any time during that 3 years.
    hiya wobble would it be worth me asking for form esa85a ?would it give me any info on my case ? would i find anything new out ?like dates or why i was put in support group ? which i am glad at ! is it my jobcentre i phone they are the ones who sent me my letter , also does everyone get a phone call to say they have got esa ? i didnt get a call ?! just this letter , thanks

maggieomx,
    I would just sit back and enjoy the peace and quite of being put in the support group for however long it lasts.
    Of course you are entitled to a copy of your ESA50a as you may be curious to it's findings but that is all as you have no reason to question it and also dates really are not an issue....there are no issues.
    All the best to you

hiya wobble thanks for the reply i foned the jobcentre today and the guy didnt even know what it was !! so he emailed atos manchester whilst i was on the line , and said i should !! get it, but like you said im not going to bother anymore oh he did say i was put in support group for 3 years ,,,so hopfully 3 years peace ,,,heres hoping thanks mx

HIY ALL i filled in my esa50 and got a reply id been put in support group all with 2 weeks to the day i posted it, with no medical !!
    then phoned for a esa85a medical report form, and got it in just under 2 weeks !!
    on it it says no return to work in the longer term !!

but on the back it says ,,,, HARMFULL INFORMATION ,,NOT TO BE COPIED TO THE CLIENT ??????? WHOS THE CLIENT ??THEM OR ME ???

are things looking up for me ????

just the P I P test to get through now !! im on indefinate top rate dla for case and mobility, any one got an idea when i might be tested for that ?? thanks all for help given on this site

TOP DUDES ALL OF YOU XX