Thread: From motability car to private car - who do you insure your car with?

From motability car to private car - who do you insure your car with?

Suppose my motability car lease is coming to an end and I have decided not to use the scheme again and want to buy a private car. Which company is best to get insured with?

I know that when on the scheme I will not collect any NCB. When I leave the scheme I will have no NCB. I have heard that RSA insurance will write a letter regarding your claim free record. Some insurance companies will take me on with no NCB therefore a high premium, some may give me a starters NCB.

Was wondering if there is a company out there that will recognise my clean claim free driving record and offer the NCB I deserve.

If you do a search on this forum you'll find a thread all about this topic.
    http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...lity-car/page3

The consensus was to go with Fish Insurance who will give you a NCB from Motability.
    They are a disabled orientated Insurance firm and will give you a very competitive quote.

https://www.fishinsurance.co.uk/disa...ce.php?dmuk_b1

Paul
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Hi

I did this recently and i went with more than insurance( they are comerical arm of same company as motability insurance), as i've never made a clain they gave me all the years i've been with motability as NCB, so the price was favourable.

hope it woreks out for you

Thanks for the info

littlebib
    some other company's may give u ncb too, worth asking them?