Thread: dla claimed turned down coz of esa medical

samkay

dla claimed turned down coz of esa medical

Hi there i was claiming esa from june last year due to severe cervical arthritis and a herniated disc in my spine, as well as having damaged intestines due to long lasting damage caused by years lng undiagnosed coeliac disease which combined with the pain in my back means that im moderately incontinent.

I was advised by citizens advice to claim for dla for these problems as without the help of friends and the mobility aids i have received from occupational theropy i cannot realistically lead a normal life.

I placed a claim in march but in april had to attend a medical with ATOS for my ESA. For some unearthly reason i was awarded zero points for this and my esa was stopped. I appealed but during the appeal time my dla claim was also turned down coz of the medical results. no doctors notes were asked for they based there decision purely on my application and the esa medical so i asked for a reconsideration.

I was reawarded the esa without going to tribunal last month and placed in the work related activity group same as before. Ive recieved a letter from dla saying they are now going for doctors notes from my gp and occupational theropist,

Does anyone know how this works now? are my chances of getting dla likelier now the esa decision overturned?

thanks for your help

sam

The medical reports from your GP and occupational therapist will help the DLA claim. The more medical evidence the better.