Thread: HELP Last nights Despatches and Panorama + ESA form = Total meltdown

HELP Last nights Despatches and Panorama + ESA form = Total meltdown

Am a total gibbering wreck this morning.with the stress. and scared witless

MS symptoms in full flow. legs arms body you name it I've got it.

Have been very strong recently, confident and outgoing, life is good.

Wanting to do work, what capable of ..... great wonderful outlook

just don't know where to turn, and getting form filled can't write more than a few words.

Advice please.

Don't let the bastards grind you down!They're shafting everybody with this, ultimately , unworkable legislation.If Labour don't capitalise on this by sticking the boot into Dave and Nick(Dumb and Dumber)then they really are useless.

I think the guy on the programme hit the nail on the head regarding the question moving an empty cardboard box.What job entails moving an empty cardbard box

It was a real eye opener the program was, if you can use a finger you get no points for manual dexterity, or if you have a bad back you can stand up at a checkout scanning peoples tins of beans, i find it all disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by jaicee58 View Post
    Don't let the bastards grind you down!They're shafting everybody with this, ultimately , unworkable legislation.If Labour don't capitalise on this by sticking the boot into Dave and Nick(Dumb and Dumber)then they really are useless.
    Labour started the WCA assesments with ATOS, so they are equally to blame as the Tories. If Labour get in, it wont change. The WCA assesments are here to stay unfortunetly.

Quote Originally Posted by re-member View Post
    Am a total gibbering wreck this morning.with the stress. and scared witless

MS symptoms in full flow. legs arms body you name it I've got it.

Have been very strong recently, confident and outgoing, life is good.

Wanting to do work, what capable of ..... great wonderful outlook

just don't know where to turn, and getting form filled can't write more than a few words.

Advice please.
    Is there a local CAB who can help with the form? You can ring the ESA office and explain the problems you have filling in the form and they could fill it in over the phone with you. I would expect you to be in the support group as you have MS.

Oh I'm glad this place has re-emerged, the old site was so useful

Thank you for the replies, I'm very grateful.

I picked myself up from the bottom and rang the local DIAL ....

I had used them in 2006 with my DLA. and have an appointment next week.
    and its the same guy who helped me then.

Will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by CTCELT88 View Post
    Labour started the WCA assesments with ATOS, so they are equally to blame as the Tories. If Labour get in, it wont change. The WCA assesments are here to stay unfortunetly.
    I know.It's one set of inept chancers versus an even more inept set of posher chancers.We're caught between a rock and a hard place.

At least now that the WCA has been exposed as ridiculous there might just be some changes made. It really doesn't matter which party makes them. The fact is that the Appeals procedure is overloaded as a result and is costing millions. Voters tend to react more when money is wasted than they do about the finer points of medicals which don't affect many of them. Add to that the fact that the Government is also paying millions to a French company... We can live in hope.