Thread: the government targets wrong people

the government targets wrong people

I recently heard about a drug addict who'd been in and out of prison for stealing from oap, he past medical for esa, gets low rate dla care and help with heating costs, pays no rent or poll tax.
    Instead of targeting people who have health probs why not just take all the drug addicts and alcholics off these benefits but them on a new type of benefit that they would get if they go to see a therapist to sort out there problems. This would save the government lots of money I'm sure, and people that have conditions that are not self inflicted and can't become better no matter what you do. Am I being harsh? I don't think so.

My IB review was due in feb but thankfully so far not been called in but know its coming, and after watching these programs i think i stand no chance, even though 10yrs ago the dss doctor wrote a report stating my condition would continue to deteriate and that i would have more problems than i realize, she was right. Thats why got indef dla but know that means nothing now. I'm just hoping a miracle happens and it changes before they call me in.

Know I'm luckier than most but all those going through it, or been kicked off, or waiting like me then i wish you all well.

xx

We have an alcoholic and drug user that has moved in to our flats, he has only been here a few weeks and all ready he is the “neighbour from hell” and he brags about being disabled due to alcohol and drug abuse, these people need help, but I don't think they should be labelled as “disabled” to be honest they only weaken our cause.

do you have lifts in your flats if so thats where they use the toilet thats the only thing i dont miss about work cleaning after them

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    seems some posters see drug and alcholics as lower form of life than us disabled
    You want to try living next door to one, this is a block of flats with very poor soundproofing, how would you like to be woken up with shouting when the police have to bring him home drunk two or three nights a week.

We (the whole block) are in the process of doing it, but have been told it could take up to 18 months.