Thread: Breakdown number 31

Angry Breakdown number 31

Yes number 31 is here and it's same problem the gear box as gone again, rac comming out tomorrow morning to tell me there's nothing they an do and will have it towed back to Mercedes Stockport and let me say your crap 5 times you said you have sorted it out and you haven't your a pain in the ass plz plz will motability just cancel it ffs.

No wonder Mercedes are propping up many of the reliability leagues. I have just suffered "breakdown" number 1 with my BMW after less than 4 weeks. The car is still perfectly driveable but its really irritating so I can only imagine what 31 real breakdowns is doing to you. Surely you should be entitled to some form of compensation?

Only compo I want Paul is to change the bloody van,

I would have thought Motability would have let you change long before now.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt billabong View Post
    Yes number 31 is here and it's same problem the gear box as gone again, rac comming out tomorrow morning to tell me there's nothing they an do and will have it towed back to Mercedes Stockport and let me say your crap 5 times you said you have sorted it out and you haven't your a pain in the ass plz plz will motability just cancel it ffs.
    When the gearbox stops working and goes off to the dealer, are they making repairs to the original gearbox / computer software, or replacing the whole gearbox ? do you ever get an explanation of the work they have done ?

Hi bob
    All I know is that whilst it's been in they have replaced the valves and the electrics n the box, but n the sprinter forums when it comes t auto gearbox they say change it as its a pain in the ass and simpler to change but that will cost more than just changing parts .