Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surprised - New ESA claim, put in support group without medical

lol this did make me chuckle as well.
    However I had a medical last May for ESA got awarded 6 June 12, now because of an Atos medical in January this year I am miracolusley better and had all DLA/Mobility highest rates stopped and have just received a nice form to fill out for ESA from Atos, so who knows what is going on.

We do have an abbreviations section on here
    Sea Queen

Hi does anybody no if after losing tribunal then applying 4 employment support allowance that once you have filled these forms in & attached new sick note & may be letter of your illness off doctor can you then be put bk in to support group ??? Please help as I'm going out of my mind as not sure if I'm doing everything right many thanks marie

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue-badger View Post
    Agree with you! After all the complex nature of DWP talk, being able to understand abbreviations is part of our lives.

An everyday telephone conversation from me to DWP:

Me: Hello Is that DWP?
    I'm calling to clarify that my IB is stopping and would like to know if you can tell me about ESA?
    I will need to send off an E50?
    So I might have to go onto JSA if I don't get ESA?
    The JC+ will be able to help?
    If I do get ESA then I could be either WRAG or SG?
    I will be CB ESA or IR ESA?
    I'm on DLA? HRM and is it LRC or MRC or HRC? I don't remember.

Can you tell me about PIP?
    It's very confusing...."

DWP: Firstly, you will hear about ESA very soon, and the letter will explain if you are ESA IB or CB, WRAG or SG.
    DLA will remain until 2015, then we will write to you about PIP"

Me: PIP? I've already forgotten!

DWP: PIP is my Collie cross dog!

Me: Cute I love dogs.. Will I get a visit in 2 years time from PIP?

DWP: yes but.....

Me: Ok great can't wait..... HANGS UP.

keep taking the tablets they might help

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue-badger View Post
    Lol I can't swallow tablets...
    you can go to a clinic and they stick a camera in you and watch you try ........ even if you cant manage its a letter worth having

hi BB sorry to hear about you're years of endoscopy it's truly awful my consultant is sending me for another one because he thinks my crohns my be in my upper digestive track me personally think i've got ulcers due to atos and dwp keep you're chin up friend .my partner is really concerned about my health and says to phone up dwp and tell them to stuff it he says it's just not worth being more ill and if it was just me and him i would but this would throw my son into poverty maybe i could become a ebay seller or something i just don't know but i gotta do something i'm so worried and crying all the time none of us want to be ill and disabled their just does'nt seem like there is light at the end of the tunnel i just don't feel like carrying on anymore

nothing worse than endoscopy had quite a few of them when i was constantly vomiting. sadly they dismissed stuff and it wasn't till i had a simple blood test that it revealed the horror of what had been causing the vomiting.

had 2 lung scares and again had the camera put down this time in to my lung, took a full year sat there thinking it was the big C.

as for ebay guess there are many selling on the side and do know someone on here who has now left selling on that site, need to be very careful when doing anything like this.

hi mikeydt1 i don't mean selling on the side i mean selling and not claiming beeifits of cause i've got no experience selling or no money to start of with i just can't stop thinking about what job i could do i have problems leaving my home due to leakage from stoma which has now cause anxity issues leaving my home i'm so lost i put jobs from home into computer and all i'm getting is surveys to complete for points all my previous work experience is manual and no way can i do anything like that anymore

acheron i keep pondering the same thing here as i too also have a stoma and with it the leakages plus everything else to go with them like infections which can be very tricky.

many people do work from home, years ago i tried that but sadly never got too far.

if you do want to seriously work from home than perhaps a chat with a job centre might point in the right direction they might know some agencies.

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy123 View Post
    Hi everyone

Am new to this site and have been reading lots of posts to see if anyone in same position as me. Have made a new claim (meaning I've not transferred from any other benefit) for ESA and after reading so many horror stories about how difficult ATOS make it for claimants I was expecting a horrible intrusive medical and then to be refused ESA. But, to my amazement I've rec'd a letter from JobCentre saying a recent change to my claim is being made because 'a decision on your capability for work. You have been placed in the Support Group. You meet the eligibility criteria for Support Group. This means you are not required to part in any any work related activity .....' I was so disbelieving of this letter that I immediately called the JC for confirmation and was told that although most people do have to go for medicals
    some people don't if the information on the form is enough and that they also took into account a letter from my pyschiatric doctor when making the decision (based on my severe mental health issues). But ....... I still can't believe I've been so lucky and not had to go through the distress of a medical and having someone judge me and am expecting them to retract their decision and say they've made a mistake. I was told that a note has been placed on my claim to have a look at it again in 12 months. I'm on CB ESA. Has anyone else been in the same situation and does that mean I DEFINITELY won't need to go for a medical for at least 12 months or can I be called at any time in the future to be re-assessed at their whim? Do they every make mistakes and retract their decisions? If I stay on CB ESA support group, will they contact me regularly to see what I'm doing or will they just leave me alone? Their letter didn't even inform me that I no longer need to send any more sick-notes to them, I discovered this by reading online information.

I'm sure you understand how very very relieved I am, but still scared I'll get dragged into the ATOS offices for a medical.

Sorry, I know I'm rambling. Please don't suggest I call them for further information. I'm too scared to ring the JC and ask too many questions in case they see they've made a mistake - which my endless questions may bring to their attention. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.
    If you have an award with a 12 month prognosis, then you should expect to receive a new ESA50 2 to 3 months before the 12 months is up. This is to allow for the 4 weeks to fill it in and return it, a F2F if one is needed, and the admin of the reassessment.