Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spammers are Back

lets hope you get a reply from dlf it seems they are not keen on replying or even showing their faces on the forum and obviously they have not bothered to remove the offending posts or spamming members.

86 new posts this morning, only about 6 genuine posts, the rest are spam.
    It's about time DLF got their fingers out and did something. I couldn't be bothered to weed the genuine posts out and deleted the lot.
    Enough to put any poster needing help off asking for it.

Thought the new registrations have been turned off over the weekend. Why then has someone been able to register in the early hours and left 18 spam posts?
    Time the spammer problem was sorted once and for all.

Goodness knows how many spam posts now. The spammer registered in July this year so are able to come back and post more trash.
    Why don't the moderators ban them from posting, easily done in the moderator's control panel.

Surely, surely some one from admin could log in every now and again and delete the spammers, maybe a moderator with some sense of duty/pride in this forum take some action, can't they see what it is doing to this site.
    Could it not be accessed from a mobile phone every now and again, I'm not talking about it taking over their weekend, everybody wants time from work, but just out of the future of this forum and I don't know maybe the future of their jobs.
    Just saying.

It has been suggested that there could be volunteer moderators who are members of the forums to cover the weekends and evenings. Of course that has not been taken on board.
    The mods can't be that vigilant about spammers or each one could be banned. Proves a point with the latest one, registered in July and still able to come back and flood the forums

10 am and the forums are still inundated with crap. I'd have thought by this time the mods would have deleted it all.

Since Friday night we must have had over 100 spam posts and it is only Sunday morning. Genuine threads are also being disrupted.
    Wouldn't it be easier to get some filters in place than admin having to spend hours clearing it.

why so much spam i have not see a web site this bad in many many years. Why can't a mod just clear them it cannot be that hard or can it.

could some people be given the power to delate or lock the spam threads.
    Last edited by davy; 20-12-18 at 20:45.

Quote Originally Posted by davy View Post
    why so much spam i have not see a web site this bad in many many years. Why can't a mod just clear them it cannot be that hard or can it.

could some people be given the power to delate or lock the spam threads.
    DLF have had several offers from members willing to do voluntary moderation out of office hours. Those offers have fallen on deaf ears. In fact spam appears during office hours and is not deleted very often.