Thread: Been told to give doctors support letter to the job centre

Been told to give doctors support letter to the job centre

Hi, I have been told to give a support letter to the job centre plus that first sent a letter out about ESA. But I am still going to send a copy of a medical support letter to Atos. A letter that came with the esa5o form says I should not send any medical evidence, yet on the form itsself it says tick box if you are sending medical letters etc.

I will still send them in to ATOS, and the job centre plus. I am a carer and doing this for my partner whos gp says he is going to do a supporting letter for the job center plus. I hope im doing all this right.

Quote Originally Posted by health99 View Post
    Hi, I have been told to give a support letter to the job centre plus that first sent a letter out about ESA. But I am still going to send a copy of a medical support letter to Atos. A letter that came with the esa5o form says I should not send any medical evidence, yet on the form itsself it says tick box if you are sending medical letters etc.

I will still send them in to ATOS, and the job centre plus. I am a carer and doing this for my partner whos gp says he is going to do a supporting letter for the job center plus. I hope im doing all this right.
    There's no harm in sending any supporting medical reports with the ESA50. You said you are a carer, if you get carers allowance you could claim income support and not bother with the ESA claim.

Dla is going to be changed to pip, and I dont know how carers allowance comes into it. I have filled out the esa50 form for my partner, I am her carer. I didint know I could get income support, so thanks for the info, its like a loop hole around the esa50 etc. I am abit mixed up about changes etc, so I just thought I would follow what I thought was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    There's no harm in sending any supporting medical reports with the ESA50. You said you are a carer, if you get carers allowance you could claim income support and not bother with the ESA claim.
    Thanks for info, I know we get income support but i think its in my partners name,