Thread: ESA reassessment expected shortly can I use an old GP Letter?

ESA reassessment expected shortly can I use an old GP Letter?

I was placed in the Support Group in October 2016 due to being unable to walk 50 meters or less which meant I met the descriptor which gave 15pts and placement in the SG. I was also awarded Highest rate mobility PIP and standard living 4 months after the ESA assessment. I have a GP letter which supports that I cannot walk more than 50 meters without being in great pain and submitted this previously. There has been no change in my condition and I have been unable to visit the GP Surgery due to my inability to walk, thus speaking to the GP over the phone.

What I would like to know is the following:

a) How old can a GP's letter be that will still be acceptable in the eyes of the DWP? The current one I have is almost 2 years old. I had read somewhere before that a GP letter that is 2 years old would still be acceptable but I am unsure about this.

b) As there has been no change in my health condition, Can I just copy what I sent in 2 years ago and state that there has been no improvement with my condition?

c) Given that there has been no change in my condition and that I was placed in the SG last time around, with the same GP letter and copy of my previous ESA50 form, do you think they would still require me for a f2f assessment?

Quote Originally Posted by nonleague View Post
    I was placed in the Support Group in October 2016 due to being unable to walk 50 meters or less which meant I met the descriptor which gave 15pts and placement in the SG. I was also awarded Highest rate mobility PIP and standard living 4 months after the ESA assessment. I have a GP letter which supports that I cannot walk more than 50 meters without being in great pain and submitted this previously. There has been no change in my condition and I have been unable to visit the GP Surgery due to my inability to walk, thus speaking to the GP over the phone.

What I would like to know is the following:

a) How old can a GP's letter be that will still be acceptable in the eyes of the DWP? The current one I have is almost 2 years old. I had read somewhere before that a GP letter that is 2 years old would still be acceptable but I am unsure about this.

b) As there has been no change in my health condition, Can I just copy what I sent in 2 years ago and state that there has been no improvement with my condition?

c) Given that there has been no change in my condition and that I was placed in the SG last time around, with the same GP letter and copy of my previous ESA50 form, do you think they would still require me for a f2f assessment?
    Having read your previous posts I see that you cannot walk more than 50 meters because of severe pain due to sciatica. Also that you are unable to use a wheelchair as you cannot sit for longer than 5 minutes.

This last about the wheelchair is important because the descriptor reads with use of a manual wheelchair.

See here:

https://benefitsandwork.co.uk/employ...up-descriptors

Personally I would be getting another letter from the GP for up to date evidence stating these two facts.

The reason I say this is because during the two or more years that have passed since your last assessment there could, in theory, have been an improvement to your condition because of some kind of medical intervention. The HCP will not know this without your telling them and having evidence of this. They will most likely not accept your word for it. Unfortunately, claimants still fabricate their conditions (thankfully not too many of them) so 'the powers that be' expect medical evidence to support their claim.

Just my opinion!
    I try my best