Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F2f

F2f

Well I had the F2F yesterday and all in all I think it went well but time will tell I suppose.
    The assessor was a trained nurse who had moved onto Occupational Health and she knew her stuff.
    She was a very nice lady who understood what Neuro problems are because her husband suffers from them as well.
    We had a chat about things over a cuppa which my daughter made her then got down to the reason she came.All in all I think it took about 3/4 hour.When we had finished I asked her how long before I would find out.She said that she could do 1 of 2 things. Sit and send the report off straight away or go and sit in her car and do it.I said do it sat where she was .She had another cuppa while she was filing the report.I did say to her that I'm worried that I'll get turned down but she said don't worry and stop stressing.Now although she has said that I until the brown envelope drops through the door saying I've been awarded Pip I think it will be in the back of my mind all the time.

How long do you think I should wait before I ring DWP and ask for the assesors report to see if she is a lamb or a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiejane View Post
    Well I had the F2F yesterday and all in all I think it went well but time will tell I suppose.
    The assessor was a trained nurse who had moved onto Occupational Health and she knew her stuff.
    She was a very nice lady who understood what Neuro problems are because her husband suffers from them as well.
    We had a chat about things over a cuppa which my daughter made her then got down to the reason she came.All in all I think it took about 3/4 hour.When we had finished I asked her how long before I would find out.She said that she could do 1 of 2 things. Sit and send the report off straight away or go and sit in her car and do it.I said do it sat where she was .She had another cuppa while she was filing the report.I did say to her that I'm worried that I'll get turned down but she said don't worry and stop stressing.Now although she has said that I until the brown envelope drops through the door saying I've been awarded Pip I think it will be in the back of my mind all the time.

How long do you think I should wait before I ring DWP and ask for the assesors report to see if she is a lamb or a wolf in sheeps clothing.
    Hey Barbiejane.

If the assessor completed everything she had to whilst in your home, and then submitted it. I would wait a few days before ringing up and asking for a copy of the assessor report.
    So maybe ring on Wednesday the 5th September.

I waited 5 working days before requesting mine. Chap said he would send it out. Guess what? It did not get sent! So I rang again and asked for it to be sent again.
    It arrived the next day.
    All good stuff I am pleased to say. However I will save that for a post in main section.
    Good luck
    with yours

Thanks Joss for your advice.

Barbiejane, your f2f sounds very positive.
    Assessors do the report the same day as the interview.

I phoned the number on the letter that came to make the f2f. I asked for a copy of the assessors report. They said they'd make a note on my file. They said it would arrive with the decision letter in 4 weeks time.

It actually arrived after 3 weeks - the decision letter arrived a week later. My impairment is nuero based. They said there was no need to re-exam in the future. I was awarded enhanced care and mobility - more than what I was entitled to with DLA.

Crossing my fingers for you!

Thanks Lighttouch..The assessor did tell me not to worry as I said but until that brown envelope pops through the letter box it's difficult not to .She did tell me that she has told DWP not to send for me again to be assessed so I'm thinking maybe just maybe it will be good news.
    My condition is Nuero as well lighttouch and the assessor totally got it because like her said her husband has neuro problems

So I get a text on the 14th September saying that DWP have received the written report from my PIP assessment and they will write to me once they have made their decision.As a guide the letter said it could take up to 6 weeks.Today a brown envelope drops through the letter box but I could see from the thinness of the letter it wasn't a decision letter.Only 1 sheet of paper saying more or less the same as what the text said.What a total waste of money.Why send letters out when a text has been sent.
    The wait is still on.

So I get a text on the 14th September saying that DWP have received the written report from my PIP assessment and they will write to me once they have made their decision.As a guide the letter said it could take up to 6 weeks.Today a brown envelope drops through the letter box but I could see from the thinness of the letter it wasn't a decision letter.Only 1 sheet of paper saying more or less the same as what the text said.What a total waste of money.Why send letters out when a text has been sent.
    The wait is still on.
    Totally agree with you, I got a text on the 13/8 saying we have received the written report from your assessment, as a guide it would be four weeks, then I get a letter on the 30/8 which was sent first class on the 23/8, saying they had received all the information they needed to make a desicion, no need to phone as they would write and let me know. Still not heard six weeks on.

Shelob the waiting is just awful and so stressful but there's nothing we can do except wait.I hope you're successful and get everything you deserve.

Shelob the waiting is just awful and so stressful but there's nothing we can do except wait.I hope you're successful and get everything you deserve.
    barbiejane yes the waiting makes it totally unbearable! Thank you that is so kind of you, I also hope yours goes as it should, all this has to stop as I have had further illnesses due to worry and stress!

I phoned DWP on Wednesday and asked them to send me the F2F report.I wonder if I will get it before a decision letter.