Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help r.e. upper tier of Mobility PIP for Motability qualification

One other thing I should note it was over a year ago I had my PIP claim assessed and I settled for the result as I was able to get by on it.

Now I have to make longer trips I am looking at making a new claim/reassessment - not sure what the terminology is.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowdriver View Post
    Noisynoodle - as said in my original post the car is not going to be affordable which is why I am facing losing it. I am not deliberately getting rid of it when I can still afford it.

Appreciate the info given but the tone is really not pleasant. Right now I am a prisoner in my room for 23 hours a day. The one hour I can go out I can’t even leave my car unless someone is there to accompany me. Yet you keep trying to assert that I am perfectly functional when every day I hear of people in wheel chairs who have more freedom than me. The public needs to be educated about invisible disabilities.

Pmlindyloo - yes I am claiming the tax reduction. I didn’t know about that scheme. I will look into that - that would be incredibly helpful as it is the new journeys that are going to make my car unaffordable. Really appreciate that!
    Sorry if I came across that way, was just playing devil's advocate so you can see how DWP will view things.

Quote Originally Posted by noisynoodle View Post
    Sorry if I came across that way, was just playing devil's advocate so you can see how DWP will view things.
    Apologies for the outbreak, this whole system of benefits is just very frustrating

I really appreciate the honest advice, more helpful than “arm round the shoulder” nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowdriver View Post
    Apologies for the outbreak, this whole system of benefits is just very frustrating
    Definitely agree with you on that - they seem to make it as obscure and difficult as they possibly can.