Thread: No PIP payment - “Change of circumstance”

No PIP payment - “Change of circumstance”

Today I was due to receive PIP, but sadly did not & I've never had a problem with payments.

I contacted them & they told them there has been a "change in circumstance" due to my recent re-assessment. At this point, I'm at a complete loss as to why this happened as my award is until February 2019. But again, they say it was a change of circumstance.

I just don't get it, why would I get an award previously for three years and then they can change it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Runnah

Sorry to read of your PIP problems.

Have you recently received a PIP reassessment form or a PIP form asking you if your conditions have changed, stayed the same or have got worse?

If your PIP is supposed to run until Feb 2019, it is quite normal to receive reassessment forms up to a year early, that is supposedly to give them time to make a decision before your end date, which in your case is Feb 19.

It sounds like you may not have received any forms or letters given your surprise at the info you were given.

Do you have access to a benefits advisor or have you used the CAB previously?

And just to add, if you have had a recent reassessment for PIP then the new decision takes place and your PIP award may end.

The PIP award date would have no bearing on any new decision. They can reassess/review at any time.
    I try my best

Hi, thanks for replying. I haven’t been home for a few days and the letter might have arrived. They’ve told me on the phone that I scored few points, but was just under the assumption that any change wood happen after previous award letter date.

They haven’t even paid me what I’m owed up until that date either