Thread: Anybody else out there hearing this excuse?

Anybody else out there hearing this excuse?

Hi, its been a few weeks now and my son still hasnt got all his back pay from the income related top up he has missed out on since 2011.
    DWP have told me his arrears are sorted and waiting to go in his account but they are still waiting for this legal letter to release his arrears he is owed.
    Sorry for asking this but i ring them weekly but still its always the same excuse and i was wondering please if there are any disabled people on here who are also being told the same by DWP.
    Im sure i would feel much better about the situation if i knew i wasnt the only one being told this by DWP, i feel for my son and other disabled people and its started to wear me out not being able to help my son bring this to an end .

This doesn't affect me directly but of course I've been following developments.

I've not heard of anyone yet who has been paid back to 2104 and then later received the rest to fully backpay.

For once the DWP are on the ball and have the extra amounts calculated.
    It's the government dragging their feet. (They don't want to pay the money even though the courts have told them they have to).

Until the gov. get that legal bit done then the DWP can only pay back before 2014 for those who haven't been backpaid anything yet.
    They know that they will have to pay it, but can't until the legal bit is sorted.

So those who have already been paid back to 2014 are having to wait for the rest.
    I would guess you are not going to see it at least until they come back off their long holidays, (or maybe not until after the autumn budget statement if they want to fiddle the figures as usual).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you for your reply nukecad it would be nice to hear someone else say they have been told the same as me from DWP as i feel im alone on this one and i just need to know DWP are not lying to me, hope you understand where im coming from .

I do understand where you are coming from, they owe this money they should pay it all ASAP.

You know from your phone calls that it has already been calculated.
    I'm sure that once the legal bit is sorted someone will 'press a button' and it will be sent out.

TBH I don't have any real feeling for just how many, like your son, have only been backpaid to 2014 and are now waiting for the rest.
    I haven't seen any figures on that at all, you may be in a small minority.

As I've said before though there are still well more than half of those affected who haven't received anything yet, many have not even had the letter yet.
    These people are still not getting paid the rate that they should be every week. (Never mind any backpay).

Presumably they are concentrating on these at the moment, and those like your son who are now getting what they should, and have had some backpay, may have to wait a while for the rest of their backpay.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.