Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advice needed WRAG group to SG.

advice needed WRAG group to SG.

Hi,

I am currently receiving the following benefits.ESA (Income Related) with Severe Disability Payment,and also PIP Enhanced for Daily living needs only.I also claim HB and CTB.The UC gets rolled out in my area in a few months time.

I am currently in the WRAG for ESA but i feel quite strongly that i should be in the Support Group.Bearing in mind UC gets rolled out in my area in a few months time is it worth my while asking the DWP to put me in the Support Group?...I think i might win my case should it ever have to go to appeal.

Does anybody know how better off i will be if i manage to achieve my goal please?....bearing in mind the UC roll out is looming.Just a rough guide/idea of the financial and other differences from being in either group would help please.

Thanks in anticipation

I'm in SG not sure what the difference is sure you will get answer off someone who does know but have you tried the benefit calculater online that might give you some answers, you could also speak to your local CAB they usually know these things especially were UC is involved. Good luck with it

Quote Originally Posted by jw68 View Post
    Hi,

I am currently receiving the following benefits.ESA (Income Related) with Severe Disability Payment,and also PIP Enhanced for Daily living needs only.I also claim HB and CTB.The UC gets rolled out in my area in a few months time.

I am currently in the WRAG for ESA but i feel quite strongly that i should be in the Support Group.Bearing in mind UC gets rolled out in my area in a few months time is it worth my while asking the DWP to put me in the Support Group?...I think i might win my case should it ever have to go to appeal.

Does anybody know how better off i will be if i manage to achieve my goal please?....bearing in mind the UC roll out is looming.Just a rough guide/idea of the financial and other differences from being in either group would help please.

Thanks in anticipation
    First of all you should be getting the Enhanced Disability Premium with your ESA as you receive enhanced daily living for PIP.

As regards the ESA group. Have you looked at the Support Group descriptors to see if you meet any of them? Why do you think you should be in the Support Group? Has there been a change of circumstances as regards your illnesses/conditions?

If you were moved to the support group then this would mean extra money (would have to check the amount). You would not have to attend any work focussed interviews.

Reporting a change of circumstances to the DWP would probably result in your completing another ESA50 and attending a face to face assessment.

Reporting a change of circumstances and/or being moved from one group to another would not mean that you would have to claim Universal Credit. The only way you would move to Universal Credit when your area started their full service is if you were found fit for work then you would have to claim UC instead of JSA (i.e make a claim for a new benefit)
    I try my best

Assuming you are single then if you were to get into Support Group you would get:

73.10 Personal Allowance
    37.65 Support Group component
    16.40 Enhanced Disability Premium
    64.30 Severe Disability Premium

190.55 Total ESA.

Your other benefits would not change. (Except maybe the CTB, councils have their own rules about that one).

PS. What happened with your property abroad?
    Hasn't this now come out of the disregard period and so taken your capital above the IR benefit limit?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

pmlindyloo and nukecad,

Thanks for your comprehensive replies.

nukecad,my ex is now living in the property with my young 'un,so it is still disregarded,until i sell the property.

"As regards the ESA group. Have you looked at the Support Group descriptors to see if you meet any of them? Why do you think you should be in the Support Group? Has there been a change of circumstances as regards your illnesses/conditions?"

I have not looked at said descriptors,lindyloo,but a couple of years ago i was in the SG before exiting all benefits,yet despite my condition deteriorating in the interim,they have placed me in the WRAG this time round.I feel like appealing,but it is all so very stressful.

nukecad and lindyloo,thanks again for your help.

Thanks.

"Assuming you are single then if you were to get into Support Group you would get:

73.10 Personal Allowance
    37.65 Support Group component
    16.40 Enhanced Disability Premium
    64.30 Severe Disability Premium

190.55 Total ESA."

One last question please,nuke.

If i remain in the WRAG,is it correct to say that i get all the above,LESS the SG component?

Cheers

Again nukecad,just for clarification...

My ex has moved back into the property with my daughter after working temporarily in another part of the country.The property remains up for sale but is classed as a family residence.

tx.

Quote Originally Posted by jw68 View Post
    If i remain in the WRAG,is it correct to say that i get all the above,LESS the SG component?
    Instead of the SG component you would get £29.05 WRAG component - if your ESA claim was started before April 2017.

If your ESA claim started after April 2017 then no WRAG component is payable.

You should still get both disability premiums on IR WRAG because of your PIP award.

They have some strange rules with property abroad, they have to take into account the property laws in that particular country.
    As long as the DWP are happy to keep disregarding it that's OK.
    I would want to have that disregard in writing though.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.