Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EDB & SDP How are they paid?

EDB & SDP How are they paid?

Hi

I would like to know are SDB and EDB paid into one's bank account? I ask this because I had a letter from DWP and then a phone interview to see if I am one of the people that were not paid this and would get the back pay. I have not had this as a direct payment into my bank account, but on my Council Tax Benefit Decision it shows that I have these two benefits.

Hi they can be paid into your bank or building society or credit union account.

I have just sent the 45 page document back with my Post Office card account details on they currently pay my ESA into but I suspect they'll moan that it cannot be used. But once you get the form the option is your choice, they ask for proof of savings over the
    £5,500 but the form is mostly a Yes & No exercise.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by TimeLord; 20-08-18 at 14:00.

Sunny
    my housing/council tax statements have been saying I was having these payments all the time
    only they didn't call them EDB/SDB - but just 'because you are sick/disabled'

I never knew what it meant until now, and I have never had either payments - they have just been included in my 'allowance' from the council

Hi

It definitely states "Enhanced Disability Payment" and also "Severe Disability Payment". But I have not had the money just my ESA Support Group Benefit each fortnight.

Does this mean they owe me backpay I have been getting PIP since about January 2013. I am on High Rate Mobility and Low Care PIP.

TmeLord, I had the letter and saying they would ring me. I phoned them, and they did the form over the phone the next day which was last week.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sunny View Post
    Hi

It definitely states "Enhanced Disability Payment" and also "Severe Disability Payment". But I have not had the money just my ESA Support Group Benefit each fortnight.

Does this mean they owe me backpay I have been getting PIP since about January 2013. I am on High Rate Mobility and Low Care PIP.

TmeLord, I had the letter and saying they would ring me. I phoned them, and they did the form over the phone the next day which was last week.
    Ok they'll probably email, phone or write to you next! I guess you are one of the many incapacity benefit transfers that got put into contribution related ESA like me, they never checked income related entitlement so that's how the error started, they basically broke their own rules and committed benefit fraud for years nice work DWP. Anyway whatever contact and payment options you gave them over the phone they'll be in touch once they work it out what they owe you in back pay!
    Last edited by TimeLord; 20-08-18 at 14:18.

Hi

I have read somewhere that you have to put the claim in for Severe Disability with this backdated system, or will they sort all that out without me having to do that form? As it is down that I am already receiving it but obviously not been paying it me.

Thanks

Once they work out your enhanced payment you can then ask or they will send you the severe disability form to apply for that! Just sit back and wait for now they'll probably take over a month to reply knowing how they work at a snail's pace!

Quote Originally Posted by sunny View Post
    Hi

I have read somewhere that you have to put the claim in for Severe Disability with this backdated system, or will they sort all that out without me having to do that form? As it is down that I am already receiving it but obviously not been paying it me.

Thanks
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...20Document.pdf Is10 That's the download of you want to have a look!

Hi TimeLord

If I am already down as having SDB (though not had payment) why do I need to fill form in for that? So that is a different form I had to go through on the phone with DWP last week? Why do they not do it all from that telephone interview?

Person told me would take about 12 week, and asked bank account details arrears backdated payments will be paid into.

Sunny,

Thousands of people are getting these letters at the moment.

It's all because the DWP made a huge mistake when transfering people from IB to ESA.
    They didn't consider if they should have paid people both CB ESA and IR ESA, and so have been underpaying thousands of people for years.
    They now have to sort this out and pay the money if you are owed it.

This mistake means that those who should have got both CB ESA and IR ESA have been missing out on 'Premiums' for years. (EDP & possibly SDP).

If you are one of these people then they have not been paying these premiums to your account, but they should have been.

You could be owed thousands of pound in backpay.
    Plus extra money each week.

This is money that you should have been being paid all along, so it's all mounted up over time.
    (We've seen backpayments between £2,000 and £22,000 on this forum alone).

The next stage after the letter is a phone call to talk to you.
    They may be able to take take enough information over the phone, if they need more they will send you a form to fill out.

If they have already sent you the review form, ESA3(IBR), then fill it out and send it back.

They will then work out what, if anything, they have underpaid you and send the backpayment to your account.
    They will also add any addition to your future ESA payments.

From what you say above they have done it all over the phone so will not need to send the form.
    If that's the case then all you need to do now is sit back and wait for the money.

It takes a bit of time, but could be well worth it for answering a few questions / filling a form.

Remember - It's their mistake, your money they have not paid, and they have to put it right.
    Last edited by nukecad; 20-08-18 at 18:06.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.