Thread: ESA f2f assessment cancelled by Maximus confused

ESA f2f assessment cancelled by Maximus confused

I'm on Income Support was sent an ESA50 form by the DWP to claim ESA. Filled in esa50 form requested a home f2f assessment and recording. Maximus said dwp decision maker refused me home f2f assessment which was a lied cut a long story short after several cancellations of my f2f assessment by Maximus being victimised, harassed, disadvantaged and still not allowing me a home f2f assessment I made a full complaint to Maximus the company.

Got complaint decision back by email they apologise multiple times even true to their words they would cancelled my f2f assessment if they didn't make their decision by the assessment date. received a letter from maximus they've cancelled the ESA f2f assessment itself and told me they've sent my esa50 form and file back to the dwp. I haven't heard anything back from the dwp. I got no intention of wanting to find out my income support payment is carrying on as normal why open a can of worm.

What I would like to know if anyone has had their esa f2f cancelled and their file sent back to dwp what was the outcome.

My gp has since put me on telephone call appointment only and so has the psychiatrist because I cannot leave the house due to severe anxiety and panic attacks

Quote Originally Posted by helen2263 View Post
    What I would like to know if anyone has had their esa f2f cancelled and their file sent back to dwp what was the outcome.
    There are a couple of members here who have quite recently had very similar situations with multiple home assessments being canceled and eventually CHDA did it on paper.

I believe that shelob was awarded Support Group on the paper based assessment.

Hopefully they will be along soon to give you more details of what happened with them.

However I would contact the DWP if you can manage it, to find out just what is happening.

(You don't want to find that CHDA have just told the DWP that you 'failed to attend', and never mentioned the complaints and that it was their fault all along).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    There are a couple of members here who have quite recently had very similar situations with multiple home assessments being canceled and eventually CHDA did it on paper.

I believe that shelob was awarded Support Group on the paper based assessment.

Hopefully they will be along soon to give you more details of what happened with them.

However I would contact the DWP if you can manage it, to find out just what is happening.

(You don't want to find that CHDA have just told the DWP that you 'failed to attend', and never mentioned the complaints and that it was their fault all along).
    Thanks nukecad for your reply. I haven't been well late because of severe anxiety, panic attacks and very high blood pressure which my GP suggested complete rest away from things that will me anxious so I have no strength to ring DWP to find out, I'm trying to get my bearing and recover especially now that they've cancelled the f2f assessment itself I don't have to think about the f2f assessment. Please see below a section of a long apologising email from Maximus/CHDA. My Income Support benefit is going to my bank as normal.

This is what they've written in the email.

As such, we have returned your case to the DWP at this time, for them to consider the next course of action. Should you wish to contact the DWP to discuss the current status of your claim, you can call them.

On behalf of Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, I would like to apologise for the upset that this matter has caused you. I can confirm that your complaint will remain on our records for future reference, and I do hope that any future dealings that you may have with our service will not give you cause for concern.

As it's been less than a month since that email. I shall wait to hear from the DWP.