Thread: Why Foodbanks? (Let's waste some money).

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why Foodbanks? (Let's waste some money).

The Government/DWP is to spend £217,000 on a study researching why reliance on foodbanks is on the increase.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-food-bank-use

Many organisations, including the foodbanks themselves, have been telling them why, for free, for the last few years.

It's quite simple- Welfare benefit cuts, and problems with Universal Credit.

But I guess it's not 'official' unless they have wasted a load of money on their own report.
    Plus of course they can now spend another year saying "we're looking into it" instead of doing anything about it.
    Last edited by nukecad; 02-08-18 at 11:00.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.