Thread: water rates

water rates

hi all, i've been told today that if i have any alterations in my house i can claim a discount on my rates(ive got a stairlift and use wheelchair in house) is this true and if so how do i calim. i've got a discount on my council due to these.

You will have to contact your water supplier as they do give discounts for those with certain disabilities.
    However, if you are not on a meter they may insist on putting one in and once you have one you will have it forever.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    hi all, i've been told today that if i have any alterations in my house i can claim a discount on my rates(ive got a stairlift and use wheelchair in house) is this true and if so how do i calim. i've got a discount on my council due to these.
    if your house has alterations because of disability you can sometimes get the house dropped a band for council tax

regards water rates if on a meter and you need to use a lot of extra water for medical reasons you can get the bill capped at the average bill

You can also get a discount on the water bill if your surface water goes into a soakaway rather than to mains drainage. The water companies don't advertise this - you have to ask.

davewhit

water meter

On the other hand if you live alone and there are more rooms than people get a water meter installed. I have and it saves quite a bit of money.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/uti...ut-water-bills

Hers the severn & trent link

http://www.sttf.org.uk/files/STTF%20App.pdf

Don't know if it is what you are looking for think i may fill one in and send it off simply to see if they will give us any discount