Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry, I got caught telling lies.

Sorry, I got caught telling lies.

Not me personally, someone we all knew would (has done in the past) -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8430796.html
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-07-18 at 01:34.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hmm. I missed the bit in the article where she actually used the word "sorry"....

"Inadvertently misleading you" isn't the same thing now is it?

(Yes I'm being pedantic - this really wouldn't be a defence for a benefit claimant given we are responsible for all errors including those we aren't aware of).

I'm still deeply suspicious she even got the job given her history of "inadvertently misleading" people and inquiries...

She's not sorry about the lies - She's sorry she got caught (again).

Like I posted yesterday, I wonder what the outcome would be if a PIP or ESA claimant " Inadvertently mislead " the assessment squad or the DWP themselves, perhaps they would be kind and accept a simply apology, after all we all make mistakes!!!! It cannot be easy to read words and understand them!! especially long complicated words like " truth ", so making it up is much better isn't it Ester!!!, I myself often read the newspaper and see unicorns and chocolate cake everywhere, is that reality or just my anti depressants kicking in!!! who knows!! Calls for her to resign are useless as people assume politicians have integrity!! she wont resign!! she wont be sacked!! so just like many other cabinet ministers, they will simply carry on regardless!!

I did read the letter she was sent online somewhere that prompted the 'apology'. I can't find anywhere she actually used the word 'sorry' just a lot of waffle (and coming from me, waffle queen) that's saying a lot!!

Benefit claimants can't make mistakes!!!! The horror. It's like us expecting to be able to cancel medicals because we're ill. Sometime ago they changed forms to include non deliberate misrepresentation as well as deliberate. So we're simply not allowed to. I remember a long debate raging on another forum about it, it got very heated. Afterall if in your delusionary state you believe you can fly is that non delibrate misrepresentation or if you believe you cannot walk or move at all yet medically you can? I'm not trying to restart that debate - it got nasty (and is a reason I left that forum) but simply making a point.

shes sorry she got caught (again)

I'm sure they'll be plenty of other opportunities to lie and not get caught.

And today she was called back to explain before parliament:

Esther McVey said:
    If people know me they will always say about me I am open and I am straight and I will say it is as it is.
    Maybe we should feel sorry for her.
    She seems to have a personality disorder that can't admit she was wrong even when it is clearly proved on numerous occasions. (A form of Narcisism).
    A lot of politicians have it to some extent, Donald Trump is a prime example - he knows that he is right and everyone else is wrong.
    They end up believing their lies, and agressively defending them, because it would harm their self image to admit they were wrong.

Margaret Greenwood (Shadow W&P Secretary) said:
    How can these statements be inadvertent slips of the tongue? Has she ever read the NAO report? If she has, how can she draw the conclusions that she has? If she misread these reports so badly, this brings into question her competence and her judgement.

If she did the read the report and chose to misrepresent its findings, she has clearly broken the ministerial code. Either way, she should resign.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44723227

Did she resign last time? I can't remember.

I think Jonathan Pie sums it up best!