Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Managed Migration to UC, Draft Regulations.

Managed Migration to UC, Draft Regulations.

Some draft regulations about managed migration have recently been published by the Social Security Advisory Committee.
    They have invited welfare organisations to comment on them.

I'm reluctant to link to them because they are draft and so may change, they are also complicated. (and have already produced some criticism from welfare organisations).

I'm sure those interested in reading this kind of stuff can find them now they know that they have been published.

I've not read them fully myself yet, but a couple of quick points that may be of general interest:

It does seem that we will be 'invited' to make a claim for UC, and will lose our IR ESA if we don't.

We may get 'invited' earlier than expected:
    From January 2019, we intend to start testing the full managed migration process on a small scale, with the intention to increase volumes by July 2019.
    So some will be getting 'Managed Migrated' as from January 2019.

They also set out a 'Gateway Condition' so that those with SDP will not be Naturaly Migrated to UC by a change of circumstances, only when they are Managed Migrated.
    There will be a clause allowing legacy benefits, such as Housing Benefit, to still be claimed in Full Service UC areas if you have SDP.
    Those who have already migrated and lost SDP will get Transitional Protection, "based broadly" on the amount of SDP and it will be backpaid "if certain conditions are met".

I've not read what based broadly means or what those certain conditions are yet, I'm still reading this stuff.

Interestingly the Explanatory Memorandum that come with them is marked "Official - Sensitive", so I've saved a copy just in case it goes missing again.
    Last edited by nukecad; 28-06-18 at 22:03.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Nice one, nukecad. Am sure there are many other members who are also grateful for the work you are doing on this UC. Just want to say how appreciated it is.

here here
    or hear hear
    !!!!

I've read more of the explanatory memo, I'm about half way through it and from a glance a lot of the rest seems to be graphs and charts.

There's some reasonable stuff, some not so good, and some frankly weird stuff about savings/capital limits (that's mainly for WTC migration I think).

It's covering the migration of all the IR benefits so it's a case of picking out those bits that will apply to us.
    That will be mainly the ESA and Housing Benefit parts.

Haven't even got around to the legislation itself, not that I expect to get much extra from it than the memo.

I don't particuarly like the look at what they are proposing for those who have already lost SDP by Natural Migration, but want to make sure that I understand it.
    I'll also have a look round what the big welfare groups are saying when they have had a chance to look at it.
    The 'certain conditions' are reasonable, but it looks like they are proposing giving some 'Transitional Payment' but not the full amount that Managed Migration will get. Maybe on the basis that you are supposed to be grateful to get anything at this stage?
    It's odd to work out because the full Transitional Element will include protection for the full amount of all migrated benefits, whereas this is only about the loss of SDP.
    I think I'm getting a handle on what they have calculated, but want to think some more. (It may be explained in the bits I haven't read yet).

There are a few little niggles with the way they say they will work out Transional Protection. (eg. they are using 52 weeks in a year in their calculations, there are actually 52.143. There are a couple of things like that, small but in their favour).

As I say I want to read the rest, have a think about it, check what the big welfare groups are saying, and get my rough notes in order before posting much more.

But for now I'm just about read out.
    It's Friday afternoon, my ESA payment came this morning, and I'm off to the pub before the CO2 runs out. BEER.GIF
    Last edited by nukecad; 29-06-18 at 14:40.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Nice one and ven better idea. Enjoy the sunshine and have 1 for me at pub, as well as your own...well deserved :-)

When these things are fact then maybe I'll take an interest. I refuse to believe anything some jumped up person who thinks he owns the forum says. I'll find out soon enough what will happen with UC and me.

Quote Originally Posted by birdgirl View Post
    When these things are fact then maybe I'll take an interest. I refuse to believe anything some jumped up person who thinks he owns the forum says. I'll find out soon enough what will happen with UC and me.
    What on earth is that about?

Exclamation

Oh I see so you believe everything that he says on here then. That's what it's about.

Quote Originally Posted by birdgirl View Post
    That is totally uncalled for. If it is to whom I think you are referring, that person has helped no end of members get their dues.

If that is all you can do is make those sort of comments then you have no place on a forum like this whose sole aim is to help others tackle the by no means easy benefit system so that they get what is due to them.

Just because I am here it doesn't mean I have to believe everything that everyone says. When things aren't officially fact then why post them and get people alarmed!! Like I said I'll believe the facts when they are just that. Posting stuff before it is fact is stupid. Just because I am claiming benefits doesn't make me a vulnerable believer in stuff that's not fact. And I certainly do not find info in at top of this thread helpful at all.
    Last edited by birdgirl; 29-06-18 at 17:49.