Thread: DLA reconsidered but not revised

DLA reconsidered but not revised

Hi all.
    A quick update on my situation:
    Having requested a review of my DLA at the end of last year and having started my appeal in February (first they requested a GP report, then a consultant's report, then an ATOS medical 3 weeks ago), I have just heard that this will be going to full appeal.
    Although the ATOS doctor seemed sympathetic and positive, the report had a huge number of ommissions, contradictions and procedural errors so I feel that I can comfortably challenge the decision (especially with the help of Benefits & Work guidelines on appealing a medical report).
    I've been told to expect a 15 week wait before getting a date through, so the process looks likely to take about 1 year from start to finnish - wonder if this is average?
    Lou

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lou View Post
    Hi all.
    A quick update on my situation:
    Having requested a review of my DLA at the end of last year and having started my appeal in February (first they requested a GP report, then a consultant's report, then an ATOS medical 3 weeks ago), I have just heard that this will be going to full appeal.
    Although the ATOS doctor seemed sympathetic and positive, the report had a huge number of ommissions, contradictions and procedural errors so I feel that I can comfortably challenge the decision (especially with the help of Benefits & Work guidelines on appealing a medical report).
    I've been told to expect a 15 week wait before getting a date through, so the process looks likely to take about 1 year from start to finnish - wonder if this is average?
    Lou
    a year is getting average ..what where you after on review as gp and consultant reports give the dm plenty to work on and atos report is only one part of the jig saw ..one would have thought your consultant report filled in the gaps

GP report clearly outlined mobility problems and increased care needs. Saw consultant this week and seems he hasn't received a request from DLA so I need to do a bit more digging/chasing.
    I was hoping for an award including mobility (currently on LRC).