Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need to sell my boot scooter

Need to sell my boot scooter

It is a Drive ST1 in blue. It has only been used 1/2 dozen times and in immaculate condition. Batteries and tyres are as new. Splits into pieces to go in the car boot. Maximum user weight is 18 stone. Selling at a massive loss, cost over £500 new, as hubby can't be bothered to put it in the car for me so I have to struggle with my frame. Just sitting in the garage doing nothing and has been kept on charge. Wish I had never bought it but didn't envisage hubby problems.
    Argos sell them. http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5714834. Please check specifications if interested.
    Anyone interested for £350? North Derbyshire, could deliver locally for fuel.

Try selling on eBay if no one is interested here.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Thanks, trying to avoid eBay as I am not really a fan.
    It really does need to be gone, no point in it sitting there doing nothing.

Try Preloved, good site for 2nd hand equipment

I have advertised it on Preloved and Gumtree.
    Can't believe what reply I have just had, asking what make when it is plainly stated in the advert. Suspect time wasters.

Also try social media , such as FB and Nextdoor

Thanks, I have put it on Facebook, local and Market Place. My problem is that I haven't got a phone that takes photos or a digital camera. I did have a sarcastic reply the other day on FB asking where the photos were but I had clearly stated in the text that I couldn't post any but I had put the link to the exact scooter that contained pictures and all the specs. They were obviously a timewaster just doing it for the hell of it.
    Never heard of Nextdoor, will have a look.

See if you can get a friend or relative to take piccies. If I was buying anything online, I'd want to SEE it. The exact model doesn't tell them the state its in. Some folks would FIB....not saying you, but easy to get conned.

Yes I can appreciate that, it is in the garage and needs loads of stuff moving to get it out which I can't do and hubby won't do. Banging my head against a brick wall with that one.I would never expect anyone to buy sight unseen, I would expect them to come and closely inspect it before buying it. No one would buy sight unseen.
    Looked at Nextdoor and there isn't a group anywhere near us.

Looks as if I will be stuck with it doing nothing and wasting space unless I give it away. If I did that they would be queueing at the door and the next minute it would be on Ebay at much more than I am asking for it.

Hi Beau, I bought my scooter on a facebook selling site, the seller like you didn't put a picture on but I messaged them for their address and went to see it, no would buy anything without seeing it first and that everything worked as it should, you will always get the time wasters, just ignore them. I'm sure anybody would want to try it out before parting with their cash so I'm afraid you will need to dig it out from the garage and make sure the batteries are charged up. Be prepared to re-post your advert if you do not get a favourable response till someone who is after a scooter see's your ad. Good luck with it I'm sure you will eventually get a sale.
    Phil