Thread: Hi-tech terrorists perhaps

Hi-tech terrorists perhaps

Well is it me or do you think that the government are keeping quiet about possible terrorist activity prior to the Olympic games.

Conspiracy Theory . .

Perhaps it's just been my bad luck in the last month but the 'service' I receive for online banking and now my mobile phones 'O2' 3G internet service went down on Wednesday so I can't receive calls, SMS texts, emails or the internet on my phone unless I'm in a wi-fi hot spot ie cafe.

Could this be terrorists tinkering with ways to disrupt our heavy reliance on modern technology. I'd hate to think what would happen if control centres operating traffic lights in London went down. If air traffic control lost the use of its system for guiding plans into landing for a day or just an hour!

To be a terrorist today I guess you could be sat in a room on the other side of the world and be a 'hacker' bent on causing disruption in another country without stepping foot on their land.

I see the army are being deployed to help the police secure the areas around the Olympics. I think terrorists are becoming more sophisticated and will use technology against us.

In the meantime I'll just have to visit more cafes if I want to use my phone!!

I would be very surprised if the terrorists did not do something, they are not putting surface to air missiles on roof tops and warships off Weymouth for for nothing, I’ll be glad when there all over and everybody is safe.

Well what's frightening is we're putting missile launchers on roofs overlooking the Olympic Stadium in case of foreign aircraft attacks. If I were a terrorist I would 'hack' into the computer systems that operate the missile launches on site. You don't even need to buy your own weapons!

We do live in a frightening world or is it me watching to many Mission Impossible films. lol