Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESA work Support Group

Talking ESA work Support Group

I have received a letter today to say I have been placed in the work support group but I have had no medical assessment and have end stage renal failure soon to be placed on dialysis was thinking about appealing but have no idea how to go about it any help would be most appreciated by all many thanks.

do you mean wrag group or support group how can they put you in work group with your illness are you sure its not the support group you need to check the letter. if you have to appeal can you get letters from your doctors or hospital to back you up as you only have a short time to appeal if its the support group you are ok im sure someone will answer soon, dont panic as there are some good advisors on this forum that will help you if my advice isnt helpful to .these people are heartless they just cause distress to people dont rush , panic wait till one of the forum members reply im just trying to help you as to not worry, i myself have received my atos form today if has stressed me out i dont know where to start myself you take care im sure someone will reply with better advice regards
    Last edited by kassya3; 12-07-12 at 03:28.

Did you check your letter to see if it says you're in the Support group or WRAG group?

Yes, you need to re read letter and let us know what group you are in.
    However, if it is the work related assessment group and you feel this is unfair then by all means you can appeal. You should have recieved with the letter you had a page telling you what to do if you disagree with the decision.
    If you have been put in wrag I would phone DWP and check with them this is their decision and if so ask them to send you an appeal form, that way you will be logged onto their system that you want to appeal, However, you must fill in and return the appeal form within 4 weeks.

Hi thank you both for replying and being reassuring it definitely says wrap but back at hospital on Tuesday/Thursday so will askk for medical evidence also have a very good doctor so will ask him to write a letterr for me. Once again many thanks.

OK that's WRAG not wrap, in which case you need to put in your appeal. As you say, get as much medical back up info from hospital and your GP to send in with your appeal, but please remember you only have 4 weeks. You can put in your appeal now and send medical stuff later if you are short of time to get it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    i would get advise from experts before appeal as apart from getting in support group when they look at case before appeal you can lose what you have been awarded
    Yes, every one should get expert advice as there is no one qualified on this forum to do that. Here we only post suggestions and opinions and should never be taken as advice only support.

expert = qualified
    qualified= expert
    I don't know, maybe that should have read there are no experts here, rather than there is no one qualified.

Been to CAB this morning 20/7 filled in an appeal form, also found out I only get ESA contributions till November
    and then that stops. I have been informed because I get a private pension my benefit will be reduced by half and when I pay back what I owe the recovery people I will be £71.00 worse off so I am in a catch 22 situation do I take a part time job or rely on the benefit don't think anyone would employ me knowing my illness/disability history.

Hi many thank but the letter says contribution related and in November CAB say I will be entitled to £14 in Council Tax and my ESA will be reduced by £74.00 so one week I will have no ESA as the Debt Recovery people take 75 a fortnight from my benefits now.