Thread: Getting extra time to fill in PIP form?

Getting extra time to fill in PIP form?

Hi folks,

I feel I need extra time to fill in my migrating from DLA to PIP form, and I understand that usually an extra two weeks will be allowed for a valid reason.

I have got a phone number to call, but just wonder will the two weeks start from the day I call, or from the date that the form was due back with them?, that is if they agree to an extension to fill in form. I take it that DLA will continue as normal if an extra two weeks is allowed.
    Thanks
    John

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmi View Post
    Hi folks,

I feel I need extra time to fill in my migrating from DLA to PIP form, and I understand that usually an extra two weeks will be allowed for a valid reason.

I have got a phone number to call, but just wonder will the two weeks start from the day I call, or from the date that the form was due back with them?, that is if they agree to an extension to fill in form. I take it that DLA will continue as normal if an extra two weeks is allowed.
    Thanks
    John
    The time will extend the time from the original deadline.

Depending on the reason you may be able to get more than 2 weeks.

Make sure that you follow up your telephone call with a letter so there is no confusion.

Keep a copy of your letter and the free receipt from the post office.

Template letter here.:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...orm-extension/
    I try my best

Thank you very much
    John

I suggest you get their decision in writing. The person who picks up the phone doesn't have the final authority to authorise an extension though they claim they do and claim they can't confirm in writing.

Usually for a two week extension from the original date it is due back it isn't a problem, however, mine was refused and I wasn't told. Had I not had my MP involved (who also asked for an extension on my behalf and was told it was granted) my DLA would have stopped on the day it was due back and not been reinstated - a letter was sent to me before it was originally due back and arrived the day it was due back stating my form hadn't arrived so they'd stopped my DLA and transfer (a decision was made well before it was due back). I'm not the only person who has had this experience according to my MP. I'm not saying it'll happen to you, but it's not worth the risk.