Thread: esa tribunal

jec

esa tribunal

Hi,
    I have a tribunal in 2 weeks due to a failed medical assessment, I scored no points as the health care professional did not seem to intrested in any evidence I had at the time, and did not seem intrested in my attemps to try to explain how my condition effects me and how it effects my day to day life, I suffer with siezures, anxiety and depression, I have finished preparing my evidence I have listed in full detail Seven reasons for disagreeing with the decision maker, four reasons on why certain descriptors apply to me to also go with the 9 points the decision maker awarded me, I have also provided statements from family n friends who have to look after me due to my condition, also provided is letters from my doctor stateing what medication I am on and what for also I have a letter confirming I attend physical counselling, can anyone give me any useful info regarding my tribunal, and whether you think I will need any further evidence hope to hear a reply thank you.

Hi Jec, i have been through the tribunal experience and thankfully i won, as like you my atos doctor didnt seem too intersested in what i had to say, the main thing apart from all the medical evidence along with doctor / consultant letters is to stress at the tribunal how your conditions affect you in everyday life, this information is as important as any medical eveidence you can provide, so have a list of what you can and cant do and above all dont worry about the tribunal itself its not as scary as you think, just be yourself, the people there will listen to what you have to say, remmember you can have someone from CAB or a welfare rights officer or family member/friend with you.

good luck on the day.

countrygirl
    hi jec,good luck with your tribunal in two weeks.
    my 18yr old daughter suffers with severe chronic fatigue syndrome and we had an atos doctor visit and he appeared uninterested and as a result they cut her dla by half saying she could cope with out help.....she is totally relient on her parents to do most things for her...i have now written to the 'decision maker' to ask him to re-concider his decision...no doubt this is a long road ahead.....

Isn't it now called CFIDS, anyway, there is still a stigma attached to this terrible illness that it's not real and therefore I'm not suprised the atos examiner was uninterested. It would help to send medical evidence from your GP to support your daughters appeal. I think you are right to appeal and good luck.