Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penzance benefits cheat jailed

Penzance benefits cheat jailed

Quote Originally Posted by tom34 View Post
    How can this be correct, 15years ????
    Because the DLA process was purely paper driven. It is cases like this that mean all PIP applicants have to go through the Atos/Crapita assessment.

On top of that, he carried out multiple frauds in different areas.

In my mind, the "how can this be correct" is the fact that he only got three and a half years.

Where does it say it was a paper claim only? My DLA and as far as I'm aware others too required assessment.

The person who stole my identity, and benefits, attended medicals and claimed subsequent benefits in my name using the documents they stole, so making people attend medicals doesn't stop this from happening.

I'd question how he was able to get letters from GP saying he had the needs he claimed without any proof. I've never met a doctor who just accepted I have the needs I do.

Bekki..Because he was a Con man............He deserves everything he gets.and I agree with Keith, the earlier DLA system was flawed and perfect for such cheats as this........It was SELF assessment, no medicals needed.

This is a cut and paste from Rightsnet 2000/1 aabout claiming DLA

How to claim
    To claim DLA you must complete a self-assessment claim form (DLA1). You
    can get a DLA claim form by ringing the freephone Benefits Enquiry Line
    on 0800 882200. Alternatively, you can use leaflet DS704, available from
    your post office or local social security office, to send off for a claim pack. If
    you find the long claim form off-putting you should seek help from an
    advice centre. The Benefits Enquiry Line also offers a telephone form
    completion service. The Benefits Agency will fill in the form over the phone
    and send a Braille or large print transcript of your answers for you to sign.
    Your claim can be decided without the necessity of a medical examination.
    However, the Benefits Agency has the power to request a medical report
    from your doctor, or invite you to undergo an examination

I'm not defending him. At all.

I was just saying I was victim of identity theft and they were able to get benefits in my name. They attended medicals in person using the proof of my identity they stole and lied about being ill - I know because I had to prove it wasn't me attending when everything got found out and it was horrendous thing to go through.

My point is conducting a f2f, when he had stolen some ones identity and conned Drs into giving him letters, would not have prevented this, he obviously conned various doctors as well so no reason to suspect he wouldn't do the same in a f2f.

I got a DLA for many years so I know how it worked. I filled in a form and always had f2f. I never got DLA based on my form alone.

It says it can be decided, it's exactly the same for PIP and ESA in certain circumstances.

Reading the Express article it says that he was seen, but they just accepted what he was saying and did not do any examination.

Doctors who assessed Matthews agreed he was quadriplegic after accepting his appearance in a wheelchair, despite not physically examining him.
    That's what all conmen (and conwomen) do, convince you to take their word without checking what they are saying.

And of course we all know that it was not 'doctors' who assessed him.
    Last edited by nukecad; 16-04-18 at 15:31.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

This reprobate got away with it for so long because he must've got a lifetime award! Based on a condition that wasn't ever gonna get better (irreparable spinal damage) had he really had this he rightfully should have got this benefit,

But I must say Three years does seem a bit lenient for both identity theft and benefit fraud!

A relative of mine claims PIP & her partner claims CA both not working & never have. She has no disabilities whatsoever she just "Blags" the system openly bragging about her fraudulent claim.
    I have made several reports to the DWP fraud dept many times & nothing ever gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    A relative of mine claims PIP & her partner claims CA both not working & never have. She has no disabilities whatsoever she just "Blags" the system openly bragging about her fraudulent claim.
    I have made several reports to the DWP fraud dept many times & nothing ever gets done.
    It puzzles me how they are able to blag the system, especially with physical disabilities like mobility , in the absence of some medical evidence to support your claim ,when genuine they will refuse to give you any award , and the tribunal can be as bad,