Thread: Name and Shame in the news and t.v

Post Name and Shame in the news and t.v

Well it looks like tit for tat with this government again distracting from what has been going on with bank fixing and now one top dwp official Terry Moran guess he lives up to his last name, was wanting to Name and Shame benefit cheats by putting their photo's on every lamp post.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...-to-lampposts-

the above is also been mentioned on breckfast t.v but are questioning if this is a step too far.

well if they are going to pull stunts like this to scare people then perhaps we should all start to name and shame dwp staff, and name and shame Atos doctor's and nurses.

Aren't there suppose to be systems in place to deal with stuff like this, strange why this is never mentioned, problem is that these system also hit the innocent.

wonder in time if you claim benefit that they will stamp a number on you like the Germans did with the Jews

when will this ever madness stop
    Last edited by mikeydt1; 05-07-12 at 06:22.

To be honest, I dont have a problem with naming and shaming them if they are genuine fraudsters. The danger though is, that some people might get targeted as fraudsters, when they arent. It is a tricky one.

With the number of crooks around, especially at the top, there are not enough lamposts to fit pictures on.

I don't see the problem with naming and shaming convicted or those who have pleaded guilty to benefit cheating.

I don't like that the story starts atalking about benefit cheats, but slips disability claimants into there too. Disability cheaters make up a tiny percentage of benefit cheats.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I don't see the problem with naming and shaming convicted or those who have pleaded guilty to benefit cheating.

I don't like that the story starts atalking about benefit cheats, but slips disability claimants into there too. Disability cheaters make up a tiny percentage of benefit cheats.
    Therein lies the problem. Most people have no idea how the benefit system works and they class any one on benefits as a lazy scrounger and that includes those on disability.
    Also where are you going to draw the line at which criminals get to go on lamposts. The law and the courts give out the sentence and any other sort of law verges on vigilante, which many disabled people have already been victims of.

rhode46
    ATOS health

These people need to be not just named and shamed but all should be warned ,these people seem to be working for our government against the disabled .I had my benefit stopped by their report of my medical .Apparently I have limited ability ,but no one can explain this to me .I am in the process of fighting this ,will let you know how I go .