Thread: Capita make another c*ck up

Capita make another c*ck up

Nothing to do with benefits. Just shows how good this company is.
    What a worry for those who received those demands.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-43346198

They're part of the group that purchased my student loan. The problems I've had with that are unbelievable, including telling people that direct payments are income and must be used to pay off the loan.

I had a occupational health assessment done by them privately by an employer. Capita said I couldn't be trusted because I'd had a drinking problem despite me claiming to be sober for ten years I clearly wasn't (EDIT I had been sober ten years there was no reason for them to say this) secondly, I represented a health and safety hazard to employees when I lose consiousness so I needed to have a mobile phone provided (in the days when people didn't have mobile phones) to ring my manager when unconscious so no one tripped over me.

No there's no a typo in that paragraph. Spot the problem? No one else did!

I lost my job for failing to notify them when unconsious and was constantly having my drinks at work 'checked' for alcohol.

They're useless at pretty much all they do in my experience.

I lost my job in much the same circumstances.

They weren't too bothered that I didn't turn in because I was in an unconcious 'sleep'. (I usually made the missed hours up anyway).
    But they made it a big deal that I didn't ring in, while unconcious, to say that I wouldn't be there.

I eventually worked out why they were being so stupid.

They thought that they couldn't dismiss someone on ill health grounds (they can), and so were trying to make it a disciplinary matter to get rid of me.
    Of course being dismissed on a discplinary charge can prevent you claiming any benefits.

Once I had a word with the manager explaining this (and that if they sacked me for not calling in while ill/unconcious they would lose an unfair dismissal case) I was dismissed for reasons of ill health and went straight onto ESA.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I didn't get benefit after I left, but that's another story. The point was their total incompetence when it came to assessing my condition and deeming me able to work if I just had a phone.

In fairness, I've had equally stupid conversations with ambulance drivers (next time ring 999 when it's happening or before not after) and at a&e (we need to see so come here immediately and don't collapse in dangerous situations/don't fall on bones you've previously broken).

To begin with I thought people were joking, it took a few such idiotic comments before I realised they weren't.

What's worse is when I put these stupid comments on a now defunct disability forum thread a lot of people said the same thing. We used to joke that they were away the day the class about being unconsious was taught, it was a worryingly long thread.

Ah, the mouth engaged before the brain catches up syndrome, I'm sure we all have examples.

The one I get a lot is: "I wish I could sleep for 2 or 3 days at a time like you do."

Yea right, no food or drink for a couple of days, soiled bed, can't hold down a job, can't even plan to be anywhere at a specific time, missed appointments (the DWP love that one), missed celebrations/parties, etc., etc.

Usually I just give them a look and shake my head, sometimes they even realise how daft they are being.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Capita used to run so to speak my Government pension, thankfully it was taken off them. Though they did the assessment for my medical pension, then decision making, lets just say they were as proficient at doing that as they appear to be at doing it for PIP. As a side note Atos used to do assessments in the work place, for return to work, adjustments etc., some were quite good, though many didn't last long, usually when followed duty of care for staff, or thats the way it seemed.

Isn't there an "R" missing from the thread title?

Quote Originally Posted by mzmps View Post
    As a side note Atos used to do assessments in the work place, for return to work, adjustments etc., some were quite good, though many didn't last long, usually when followed duty of care for staff, or thats the way it seemed.
    I remember a case from a few years ago where a member of counter staff in a DWP office was off sick long term, and upon her return to work her boss suggested she still wasn't fit to come back to work. He sent her for a medical with Atos, and was declared by them as not fit for work.
    So, being forced out of her job because of poor health she suffered the humiliation of going back to her old workplace to claim IB. Sent off for another medical with Atos, this time she was declared fit for work...
    Illegitimi non carborundum