Thread: Olympic torch relay - Manchester

Olympic torch relay - Manchester

Well folks here's a photo of me at my local running track with some of my friends from the largest 'all abilities' cycling clubs in the country. At least it gets me out in the fresh air and gives me exercise and a social get together.

Anyway the lead organiser of this club, Sue who is also holding the torch, had the honour of carrying it 400 metres through Manchester City Centre recently. She brought it to the club to show everyone so I couldn't resist getting a photo taken with it.

Incidentally I wouldn't be able to get on or off or have my feet strapped onto this trike without the help of either Sue, Helen, Alice or one of the other volunteers who help disabled children and adults use these bikes, trikes or four wheelers. So she deserves the honour of being one of the few to carry the torch in my opinion.

Last Saturday 80 people turned up over a 3 hour period to cycle in whatever way they could - excellent!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me-and-torch1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	727.5 KB 
ID:	307
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 30-06-12 at 22:01.

No photo for me to see.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Well yes the administrator got in touch and said that they were also having trouble attaching the picture so they'll look into it on Monday.

I thought there was something amiss with the system - all will be revealed on Monday!!

Hi guys,
    I've somehow been able to fix the picture issue from home - I replaced the file with a jpeg. I think .png format is really for line illustrations like logos - we're getting a bit technical now.

By the way that's a genuine London Olympic torch. Sue had to buy it - it cost £200. Can you believe they asked her to pay for it!

And before you ask. There is only one torch. I added a close up so you could see the detail.
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 30-06-12 at 22:09.

Hope to see it soon. You have to pay? I do not remember Sir Seb or anyone else saying this on the news.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen