Thread: help and advice

ian-hughes-t10

help and advice

hi im looking for someone who could help me finding good and cheap second hand manual wheelchairs or parts i live in manchester finding it hard with price

Quote Originally Posted by ian-hughes-t10 View Post
    hi im looking for someone who could help me finding good and cheap second hand manual wheelchairs or parts i live in manchester finding it hard with price
    I dont know if it helps. but yr local council has a place where they restore old chair (well at lest my one in london does) you could find it and ask if they are willing to sell you some parts. I was luckly the 2 times I went they just gave me them.

Hope it helps

manual wheelchairs

Quote Originally Posted by ian-hughes-t10 View Post
    If your wheelchair is out of action you could hire a manual wheelchair from the 'British Red Cross' for a short term loan of up to 8 weeks. Cost £20 to hire and if you wanted it delivering and picking up an additional £20.

Manchester City Council's Disability Service Centre could come out to assess your needs and could supply you with a free manual wheelchair if you need to use it inside and outside. Call 0161 611 3784 or 0161 611 3814 - if the numbers are busy press '5' for ring back.

Don't forget towns have 'Shopmobility scooters and wheelchairs to hire out for the day - like at the Trafford Centre.

Hope this helps.

One in my garage. A bit past its best, but it goes. I won't use it. Get your contact details to me (in a non-public way, somehow) and I'll get it to you, no cost. It's just clutter as far as I'm concerned!

if you talk to your doctor he can refer you to the wheelchair service provided by the NHS, they will loan you a wheelchair for as long as you need it, it could take a couple of weeks to get you one depending on what exactly your needs are but well worth it, if you're not too picky about a wheelchair and a normal one will do you could come out of the apointment in the new wheelchair, any maintenance/repairs the wheelchair needs you call them and they will fix it.