Thread: Blue Badge Renewal

Blue Badge Renewal

I am having trouble getting my BB renewed. I made the mistake of asking them if my paperwork had been received, the email response was " yes we have received it now please allow us to get on with our job"
    That was 7 weeks ago and I am still waiting for my BB. The website states it can take UP to 8 weeks but I feel I have been pushed to the back of the list for having the cheek to ask a question.
    I receive higher rate DLA so it is quite straightforward.
    Would you dare to ring them ?

Quote Originally Posted by chasmi View Post
    I am having trouble getting my BB renewed. I made the mistake of asking them if my paperwork had been received, the email response was " yes we have received it now please allow us to get on with our job"
    That was 7 weeks ago and I am still waiting for my BB. The website states it can take UP to 8 weeks but I feel I have been pushed to the back of the list for having the cheek to ask a question.
    I receive higher rate DLA so it is quite straightforward.
    Would you dare to ring them ?
    Mine took 3 weeks, then I live in Scotland. Maybe they have a backlog?

Well you should complain about THAT persons attitude to his boss after all if you went in to a shop and asked for someting and got that lip you would say stick it sunshine and go elswhere so why should the sick/disabled put up with this crap...WE pay thier bloody wages one way or another.....

Quote Originally Posted by CTCELT88 View Post
    Mine took 3 weeks, then I live in Scotland. Maybe they have a backlog?
    My original badge took 3 weeks so I'm not sure what is happening.
    I am going to bite the bullet tomorrow and phone them

Quote Originally Posted by sickofem View Post
    Well you should complain about THAT persons attitude to his boss after all if you went in to a shop and asked for someting and got that lip you would say stick it sunshine and go elswhere so why should the sick/disabled put up with this crap...WE pay thier bloody wages one way or another.....
    I have every intention of complaining but was waiting for badge first and at least I have the proof in an email.

The email is what makes me think I have been pushed to back of the queue

Call and ask to speak to a manager. 7 weeks is far too long.

All they need to do is check your entitlement on the database and print a new one.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Call and ask to speak to a manager. 7 weeks is far too long.

All they need to do is check your entitlement on the database and print a new one.
    My sentiments exactly
    I contacted the complaints dept at Kent County Council and have been told it was sent for printing yesterday and I should receive it within 7-10 days which will mean 10 weeks I have waited

Alot of rubbish i say, So called "online" system..

basically give them all the basic details, then it comes offline for payment and evidence...

no real way of tracking the application other than "received" "processed"

I'm tempted to put in a complaint regarding the 10 fee, theres no way it costs 10 to adminstrate the badge its more of a "what way can we make a lot of money in a short period of time" -

if 250,000 of the however million disabled people have ablue badge, that would be a 25,000,000 income.... sounds dodgy to me.....

It's actually 2,500,000 income.

The Blue Badges are sent out according to their urgency. I only had 7 days left on my old blue badge - the new one arrived on the day my old badge expired.

When you went to have an interview and a digital photo taken they emailed your details to a head office together with your photo - the badge has many security features on it so it cannot be reproduced on a colour photo copier. Be patient it will arrive before your old one expires.